Newly Diagnosed Celiac's....? RE QS meals

4fordisneyworld

DIS Veteran
Hello,

We arrive in May and my niece, who was just diagnosed with celiacs, will be joining us. I am calling to add her allergy to our TS meals but is there a good list of the gluten free meals for the CS locations?

Thank you for any help you can give!

You can ask for an allergy menus at QS Disney is very good with food allergies. You might have to wait a few minutes longer for something’s but will not be to bad.

DH has celiac disease, and we eat at Disney all the time. Most larger CS locations have an allergy menu that lists several choices which are suitable for various allergies (for example, they may say a selection is suitable for wheat, soy, and dairy allergies), and you can choose one of those "off the rack". Just ask a cast member before you get in line and they'll give you a card with the allergy menu. Alternatively, you can ask for a manager and they will speak with you about specific concerns and may be able to alter another menu item (by leaving off a sauce, for example) to suit your needs. Most places have gluten-free bread or rolls and can adapt many of their sandwich selections using them. Sunshine Seasons at The Land in EPCOT has a whole counter that's allergy friendly; I think everything there is actually gluten-free. At smaller locations (carts, walk-up windows), you can ask for their "ingredient book" to see what's in a particular item. Desserts are limited, but many places have pre-packaged gluten-free cookies or brownies. DH likes Mickey bars, popcorn, creme brulee, slushies, and soft-serve strawberry sundaes, but before eating any of them I'd double-check the ingredient book in case they've recently changed suppliers or formulations.

In the MDE app when you search for most QS locations and view the menu you can now see all of the allergy options and even order them with mobile ordering. Since your niece just has a gluten allergy and not multiple allergies there will be lots of options at QS locations. Since most of the QS locations have their top 8 allergy options available via mobile ordering you no longer have to wait for a manager to come speak to you while a line forms behind you, look through the allergy binder and wait longer than everyone else in your group to get your food.

We went to 2 buffets with our niece who needs gluten free and my son-in-law with tree nut allergy. (Trail’s End And Hollywood & Vine). The server gave us an allergy list of the buffet items, with the option to also talk to the chef.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts