Newest DVC Rooms

Polynesian27

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone, my family is planning a trip for this coming summer and we were curious to what DVC resort has the newest and cleanest rooms besides BLT. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry I should have been more specific, the newest rooms out of the DVC resorts in Disney World besides BLT. In other words, which DVC has the nicest and cleanest rooms. Thanks!!

I think BWV got the most recent refurb.

But keep in mind that DVC units are well used. They are only cleaned once a week - maybe a little more often - and unlike most Disney hotel rooms that people shower and sleep in, DVC units tend to get used - people cook there, they hang out there. If you want a pristine room and are thinking about renting points - you'll probably be disappointed in DVC.

I think its a personal taste issue. Kidani is the 2nd newest build (after BLT)
BWV had a recent refurb (OKW did, too, but OKW's refurb was done a bit on the cheap) BWV still has Corian counters, so some dont think that is as appealing as Granite.
SSR is a newer resort and is going through a refurb.

Thinking about it, if you are talking 1BR...Kidani has the best master bathroom. Plus it has an extra 2nd full bathroom like BLT.

Sorry I should have been more specific, the newest rooms out of the DVC resorts in Disney World besides BLT. In other words, which DVC has the nicest and cleanest rooms. Thanks!!

Sorry, it was not nice of me to just leave a snarky reply that I knew did not answer your question.

The next newest resort built before BLT is AKV and before that one is SSR. I am not sure that "newest" is necessarily the same thing as "cleanest". We have tried all of the WDW DVC resorts and they've pretty much all been equally maintained. The only time we noticed wear & tear & some cleaning issues was at OKW - but that was years ago, before the refurb there. Most people select their DVC resort stays based on the overall theme of the resort. You should study the resorts online and see which one appeals to you based on its theming, style and layout.

It's a hotel room...not a museum. ;)

Bay Lake Tower is the most recent new construction but its villas have been open for 3.5 years. The most recent renovations have been at Saratoga Springs, Old Key West and BoardWalk.

But realize these are rooms which are occupied nearly 365 days per year. Guests come-and-go with massive suitcases and other travel accessories. The rooms are home to everyone from clumsy toddlers to uncaring adults.

A resort room which is either newly-built or newly-refurbished can look very lived-in after just a couple of weeks. There is no magic formula for finding the "newest" or "cleanest" room.

Bottom line: If there are any issues in a room at ANY resort, you simply call housekeeping or maintenance and ask that the problems be addressed.

Hi Everyone, my family is planning a trip for this coming summer and we were curious to what DVC resort has the newest and cleanest rooms besides BLT. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

The way you've phrased the question will open up arguments between members - I don't really care to be involved in that. But I do believe what you're looking for is a resort your family can be happy with (aren't we all? :))

In that light - think about what style vacation you'd like to have. BLT (Walk to MK! City feel) is very different from BWV (Easy access to HS and EPCOT and the boardwalk is wonderful night and day) which is like night and day from SSR (Peaceful golf course, DTD right there) etc... each resort is done up beautifully, and yes, they should all feel clean with no broken items. Problems will occur with even the newest of resorts - be sure to call and report anything amiss.

Thank you everyone for your responses, I really do appriciate it! We have been researching all of the DVC resorts as we will be traveling with a 1 year old and having the extra space will come in handy. We really liked the pool at the BC and it seems like a nice place to relax and sink your feet into the sand! Does anybody know how the DVC BC rooms are holding up?

BCV and BLT are probably the busiest.

SSR and OKW are probably the least busy.

that say with DIsney the least busy villa will have BIG problems - disney now turns off the air conditioner when no one is there.

ever heard of mold and mildew - they happen in warm, moist climate - like WDW Disney still has done nothing to stop this.

so would definitely go with BCV - you are less lightly to get room with this issue - now the villa might be worn and torn - that is still better than dealing with mold.

First let me say BLT is my home resort and I loved my stay there 2 years ago. That being said, I found the room was already a little worn which surprised my considering how new it was. It seemed to me that the fabrics and surface materials didn't have a great deal of stain and wear resistance. The room was very clean when we check in but a few things looked worn and frayed. We've stayed in AKL, OKW and BWV and they all looked great.

I thought the rehabbed rooms in SSR were very nice. It is a very clean, quiet, nice resort. I can't remember seeing any dirty rooms at any DVC, honestly.

Thank you everyone for your responses, I really do appriciate it! We have been researching all of the DVC resorts as we will be traveling with a 1 year old and having the extra space will come in handy. We really liked the pool at the BC and it seems like a nice place to relax and sink your feet into the sand! Does anybody know how the DVC BC rooms are holding up?

Just like every other resort--some rooms are in decent condition while others will look a bit shabby. All depends upon how long it's been since an individual room has received some TLC and how it's been treated by recent guests.

BTW, your odds of getting a room at Beach Club Villas for summer 2013 are not good. Popular resort...booking on 4-6 months notice. Not a good combination.

If you are serious about renting points, I would suggest creating a list of every DVC resort you are willing to stay at and THEN contact a renter. You won't know what is available until a member checks the inventory at the moment you are prepared to book. Resorts showing as available on the main Disney website have no bearing on what members can book with points.

BCV and BLT are probably the busiest.

SSR and OKW are probably the least busy.

that say with DIsney the least busy villa will have BIG problems - disney now turns off the air conditioner when no one is there.

ever heard of mold and mildew - they happen in warm, moist climate - like WDW Disney still has done nothing to stop this.

so would definitely go with BCV - you are less lightly to get room with this issue - now the villa might be worn and torn - that is still better than dealing with mold.

This is such an interesting point. Whenever we have stayed at OKW, my husband has been deathly ill with his allergies--he literally cannot function. I've always sworn there is something (ie mold or mildew) in the walls or ventilation system that is making him ill. We don't stay there any more because of this issue, although we love the resort. No trouble at busier/newer BLT, SSR or AKL.

Just got back from a split stay between BCV and SSR (1 bedroom). Would have to say that overall, SSR appeared to have much less wear and tear. But we still prefer BCV to SSR ;)

First let me say BLT is my home resort and I loved my stay there 2 years ago. That being said, I found the room was already a little worn which surprised my considering how new it was. It seemed to me that the fabrics and surface materials didn't have a great deal of stain and wear resistance. The room was very clean when we check in but a few things looked worn and frayed. We've stayed in AKL, OKW and BWV and they all looked great.

We just stayed at BLT this past January, we really were not impressed, some stains on the carpet, & the pull out sofa looked real worn. We stayed at OKW & BCV in October and they looked good with no issues, as noted above. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter