Newbie with ????s

MinnieMe2669

It's Me, MemoryMakers2669
Thinking of a 3 night trip in August, as we are headed to Hawaii. I want a hotel that is within walking distance...I do not do buses or monorails or whatever. I want to walk to the parks! Any suggestions....Disney and not Disney.

Favorite QS in each park?

Best place to buy Park Passes? Looking to get 2 day non hoppers

Well, on-site will be the closest for the most part, though the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier are a bit of a walk through DTD to the park gates. The hotels all along Harbor are fine and within walking distance, even as far south as Katella. They are for the most part fine, thought hey vary in price. I liked the Tropicana a lot when I stayed there and it's super close (basically cross the street and you're there).

For QS, this was asked a couple threads down, but I like French Market or a corn dog from the Little Red Wagon at DL and Pacific Wharf Cafe at DCA.

There are places to buy discounted tickets, but for 2 day base tickets you won't save a whole lot, maybe a few bucks on each. Others might know of better places to buy.

Have fun!

Thanks Brian, I did find the QS thread right after I posted. Taking notes!

Grand Californian looks like it's right there...assuming it's an easy walk to both?

The Grand is a very easy walk, but if you don’t want to spend that much hotels like the Best western Park Place Inn are almost as close-if you haven’t been before, all of these hotels are closer to the parks than probably any hotel at WDW.

I love the Candy Cane Inn, right down the street on the same side as the park. Cars Land is right behind the hotel. Is there a reason you don't want park hoppers?? I think they are worth the money because the two parks are within 500 feet of each other and you can walk back and forth between the two all day.

I stayed at the Tropicana in 2012 and liked it a lot - nothing special about the hotel but I'm not there for the hotel, I'm there for the parks! I would recommend getting a park hopper, the price difference from single park to hopper tickets is so minimal, and it takes only a few minutes to walk from one park to the other. The walking distance from Tropicana to the park entrance is also only 5-10 mins depending how fast you walk. You basically cross the street and you're on Disney premises.

Park hoppers AND at least 3 days! GCH has an entrance directly into DCA park.....can't get any closer! There are also motels on S. Harbor that are at the crosswalk into Disney property/ the esplanade....(BWPPI, Tropicana, Park Vue....)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!