Newbie usage question

donap

Earning My Ears
Hi. When I log on, a little window pops up htat says I have 4 messages (was 3 the other day).
But when I click on that window, nothing happens. When I click on INBOX, it says there are NO CONVERSATIONS to view. What are those messages and how do I access them?

Hi. When I log on, a little window pops up htat says I have 4 messages (was 3 the other day).
But when I click on that window, nothing happens. When I click on INBOX, it says there are NO CONVERSATIONS to view. What are those messages and how do I access them?
You can't view (or respond) to conversations until you have 10 posts. I believe the system will alert you that you have them, but you can't access them until then.

Well -- that is just plain confusing !! It should tell you that somewhere.

How do I find the correct forums to post resort-specific or activity specific questions? I searched on Triple Circle D ranch and got a ton of search results for Universal Studios. Don't know how to find the forums.

How do I find the correct forums to post resort-specific or activity specific questions? I searched on Triple Circle D ranch and got a ton of search results for Universal Studios. Don't know how to find the forums.
At the top (and bottom) of each page is a gray bar. All the way on the right is a little "up" arrow. Click on that for a pull down menu of the various forums. Just scroll through those, and see if any of them fit the bill for you.

Is that 4 messages or more likely 4 alerts? "Alerts" just notify you that someone quoted your post, or liked your post, or (occasionally unless it was finally completely disabled) that you earned a "trophy" -- which is something available within the software program but DISboards does not use the trophy system. So just ignore those.

It's unlikely you have a private message (or Conversation) because you have too few posts for that to be active. You can't send or receive messages until after you have 10 posts (and it can take 30-60 minutes after that 10th post to activate).

Another possibility -- and please be careful of this -- is that what you are seeing is actually an advertisement. I don't believe there is anything that "pops up" when you first log-on to the DISboards. New Alerts or Inbox conversations are noted in a tiny red box next to those words in the upper right corner next to your username. But not pop-up boxes. I recall a confusing ad at one point that was at the top of the forums which indicated something about new messages; but it was an ad and possibly could have downloaded malware. So please be careful of that!

The "Tri-Circle-D Ranch" is not an actual resort. It is the stables which are located at Fort Wilderness Campground. They offer pony rides and horseback riding, etc. You'll find the best info about FW on the Camping at Disney World forum. For most other resorts, try the Disney Resorts forum. There is info about the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) resorts in a section dedicated to the DVC. Information about recreational activities at the resorts is most likely on the main Disney Resorts forum. Feel free to ask questions, and people will direct you to a different forum if you are more likely to get better answers somewhere else.

:welcome:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!