Newbie - Trip planning

inda2681

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone

This is my first post on this board so hello everyone! :goodvibes

We are planning to go to Japan next year and would like to visit Tokyo Disneyland during our trip. Nothing booked as yet but planning to go during UK school holidays (either Easter break or October half term 2014). We have visited Disneyland Paris 4 times and would like to visit other land as well. There will be 4 of us travelling - 2 adults and 2 childrens (they will be 7 and 4)

I have a few questions here regarding Tokyo Disneyland if anyone can help me with

1. When is the best time to go - crowd-level wise and weather- wise?

2. Do you booked directly on the website or is there any other websites that i can looked into for good deals and offer?

3. Any recommended on site hotel?

4. Does all the shows at the park in Japanese language? We don't speak/understand the language will this in any way effect the experience?

Thanks in advance :goodvibes

We are here now , I highly recommend to come at Easter time, depending when that falls, but all my research told me the last two weeks in April are the best.
Just watch our for their holidays and make sure your park days are during the week.
For us, the weather has been perfect, crowds are low, we haven't queued for longer than 30mins, and that's for the major rides.
So my vote goes for April!
And the Sheraton grande is a great place to stay for a family.

2. Do you booked directly on the website or is there any other websites that i can looked into for good deals and offer?

3. Any recommended on site hotel?

4. Does all the shows at the park in Japanese language? We don't speak/understand the language will this in any way effect the experience?

If you want to stay at either the Miracosta or Disneyland Hotel, you'll need to either be on the Disney website, or on the English phone line exacly at the 6mth booking window - especially if as you have a 'large' group (assuming you want to be in one room which holds you all), also if your booking is over a weekend, these fill up fast. I'd suggest calling the English reservation line as they can quickly tell you what's available for a party of 4.

We did the Disneyland Hotel - see my trip report, but next time we want to do the Miracosta.

The Partner hotels are just a monorail ride away and significantly cheaper than the two prime Disney properties (The Disney Ambassador is cheaper than the Miracosta & Disneyland)

The shows are in Japanese, but that didn't bother us any. There are hand held 'english text' devices available for some shows.

The main thing is to work out exactly your dates and plan accordingly.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Based on the kid's school holidays these are possible dates that we are looking for

8th apr -18th apr 2014
1st aug - 10th aug 2014
11th oct - 18th oct 2014

Which one do you think is the best in terms of low crowd levels?

The reason we are planning for the trip is for our 10th wedding anniversary which will be in July 2014. However due to work commitment, we can't take any holidays in July. We were thinking of either going to other Disneyland park (since we have been to Disneyland Paris for 4 times now) or alternatively just booked a suite in Disneyland Hotel at DLRP. :confused3

We've been to Japan in 2006 (pre kids) and loved it so much! We didn't get a chance to go to Disney Park the last time. We thought it would be nice to bring the kids this time and show them the unique culture in Japan :goodvibes

I have been twice in August. The August sun really beats down on you. If it's cloudy, you'll be ok, but a cloudless day can be terribly draining in a way that it's hard to imagine. If you have an easy alternative, do that.

April is the easiest, lighter crowds than mid-October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter