Newbie ???'s

matsterrocks

DIS Veteran
Will be in Orlabdo Dec 8th 1/2 day Dec 9th and 10th.
1. What parks should I visit?
2. How much is parking at parks
3. How late do the hotel suttles run? (Do we have time to check out City walk or Downtown disney after parks close?)
4. How close do they check tickets (friends will be there 2 weeks before us and thought maybe they should just buy a extra day on there passes for us to use?)
5. Is one day long enough for US/IOA?
6. Our flight gets in at 1330 what time can we get to the park (need to rent car and check into hotel)
7. Anyone have good luck with Priceline for hotels near park?

Thanks for any answers

I have never gone in December so I may not be able to answer all of your questions, but I will do my best.

1. The parks you choose depend on your preferences, etc. But since this is WDW I would definitely do MK if nothing else.

2. Parking is $8 a day. If you are staying at a resort onsite, you will not have to pay for parking, and you can used the Disney transportation system.
3. Shuttles normally run up to 2 hrs. after parks have closed. Busses to Pleasure Island run later than that. (In June, PI was open until 2 and the shuttle ran until 3.) So, yes you should be able to PI and you should definitely be able to do CW after the parks close.
4. They have a machine that you just slide the ticket through. They really never look at them at all. I used my brother's ticket in May. So you probably won't have a problem.
5. One day would probably be long enough if you were staying onsite at US/IOA, b/c they offer front of the line priveleges to resort guests. Otherwise, 2 days would be better. Of course, I don't know how bad the crowds will be in Dec. so that's a guess.
You may want to go to the bottom of the screen to the Jump to a Forum scroll down menu and go to the US/IOA link and post your question about this on that board. You will find a lot of good info. about US/IOA there.
6. Sorry, I can't answer this question b/c we always drive to Orlando. (DH is scared of flying :rolleyes: )
7. Never tried Priceline but have heard of good deals. Again you could post this one on US/IOA board to find out about that for hotels too.
Have a good trip! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter