Newbie requesting info from the experts!

Mousgroupy

var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eva
Hello all,
I just posted this on the trip forum and I think that was the wrong place. I have some questions regarding a trip we are planning for next year. In the past, we have only stayed at WDW and not ventured outside The World.
I have some questions about Universal as we have decided to extend our trip to include Universal and Islands of Adventure (not familiar enough with your site to use the cool shortened version of those yet, sorry!)
#1)We usually stay at a moderate resort at Disney (CBR). How does HRH (note, I know that one!) compare price-wise and is it worth the money? Is park admission included in room price like it is at Disney?
#2) Am I comparing apples to oranges when I ask how the 2 compare (WDW and Universal)? I am concerned that if we do Universal 1st, which is the plan, that Disney won't seem as wonderful. Since it will be our 1st trip to Universal, will Disney be disappointing? Our group now includes people who really like thrill rides, so this is our reason for doing both.
Thanks for any info!:wave:

Hi Mousgroupy,

Last Sept when we went to Orlando, we went to US before Dis. Disney was kind of a disappointment after US.
This year we are skipping Dis altogether and staying at the HRH for 3 nights. Dont get me wrong, Disney is still
great, but the thrill rides are at IOA. My DD is 8, she is a little sad that we be skipping MGM, she is a big fan of the Tower of Terror and the Rock and Roll Rollarcoaser. But I dont want to go back there for two rides. She will have to settle for the Hulk and Dueling Dragons.

Have a great trip.

Patty

We booked HRH with an entertainment rate for $117 per night. I'm not sure how much CBR is per night as I've never stayed there. I've also never been to HRH but it is brand new so I'm excited about that!

Our room price does not include admission to IOA or US - We purchased our park tickets through my work for a discounted fee of $41 per adult per day. There are multi-day passes also available, but I'm not sure on the pricing.

HRH is within walking distance to US, IOA and CityWalk so you don't have to get on a bus, etc. That's an advantage over CBR.

Good luck deciding!

If you can get a good discount rate at the HRH (like the entertainment rate of $117) I believe it's roughly comparable to the CBR (the CBR happens to be the only Disney resort I've stayed at, but it was a while ago), but the quality is not in the same ball park, the HRH is unquestionably a step up from the CBR.

I stayed at the CBR last year and the HRH last week. HRH is WAAAAAAAAAAY nicer. Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed the CBR, but it's not in the same league as the HRH.

Hey your right, if you go to Universal Disney won't seem so great anymore. You'll be sorry there is no 200ft. simulated drop on "It's a Small World" and when Country Bear Jamboree doesn't open up to reveal a huge water vortex.

although I love WDW as a whole better that US/IOA IOA is my favoirte park. If you think WDW has great theming then hold on to your hat for IOA. It really blew me away. HRH was great other than a housekeeping problem ( Ihope they have hired better staff since). Staying on site at US/IOA blew WDW Away. You can wwalk to the parks in 10 min or take a water taxi which I never saw a long wait for except right after parks closed. The dinning choices are better too, Mytho at IOA is wonderful and CW has a lot of great choices within walking distance from the parks and HRH

I don't think you will love WDW any less. It would be like asking if you will love your first child any less after the birth of a second child The parks give different experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter