newbie...please help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kpututi

Earning My Ears
Hello, I'm very very new to all this DVC stuff. Although I have been going to WDW for years with me family...( 16 times in 9 years. You do the math ) I have JUST found out about renting points. ARRGGGGG If only I had known! Anyway, I just made resevations for 10/29 to 11/05 and would love to stay at the Wilderness lodge Villas. How may points would that take and does someone have some? Can someone please point me in the right direction?:earseek:

It depends on how large of a room that you will need. For a studio, you will need 106 points for the week that you will be there. For a one bedroom, you will need 214 points. And for a two-bedroom, you will need 282 points. Both the studio and the one-bedroom sleep four, the main difference is the amount of privacy you will get with the separate bedroom and the existence of the kitchen in the one-bedroom. If my memory serves me correctly, the studio has a microwave area and a small refrigerator. I have 48 points available that you can rent if you want. They are for this use-year. I will be posting them on this board tonight for general use, if you want to use them, let me know.

I'm not sure how the renting goes. If I rent some points from one person and some from another who makes the res.?and where do the point accumulate? ~~ clueless ~~~ sorry.

Originally posted by Kpututi
I'm not sure how the renting goes. If I rent some points from one person and some from another who makes the res.?and where do the point accumulate? ~~ clueless ~~~ sorry.

You may want to read the <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dvc/RentTrade-FAQ.htm">Rent/Trade FAQ</a> at the top of this page- it will answer some of your questions.

Non-members cannot actually rent points- they would be renting a reservation made with points from a DVC member. The member will be the one to reserve the room for you. If your reservation requires more points than one member has available, you will likely need to find a second member to help with the other dates. If possible, try to find someone who can make the entire reservation for you. Your listing on this board should include the resort, dates and room type you are interested in renting.

You can begin with a reply to the poster who has already offered to help you or contact one of the other members who have offered their availability on this board.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter