Newbie character questions and looking for tips!

monorailrabbit

Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!
Hi, we are looking to go for the first time in 2019 and I’m so overwhelmed! We are WDW vets and live in the USA. I’ve heard that characters don’t interact with adults only, is that true? It will just be my husband and I and we love our character meets! Also, are there any general tips you can throw my way? Any similarities to World like a dining plan? Can we make payments on a package with Disney gift cards? I’m excited but nervous becasue this is so foreign to me! We’ve never been to Europe.

I've had handlers skipping me in line because I didn't have kids with me. Other times a face character told me they were told to "take kids first" when it was no organised line and everyone was just crowding around a character.

Be prepared for such scrums - it will happen pretty regularly that you see a character in a sea of people with no organised line.

In general yes, as a solo adult traveler or as a couple without kids I have noticed "photo, signature, go" a lot more than in the US parks, or even blankly ignoring me/us at character meals.

Forget about the Paris dining plan, not worth it IMHO. They won't accept US gift cards either.

I think with the mixed reviews I will only approach my MUST MEET characters - as in ones I have no chance of meeting at WDW or DLR. Are there any ones I should look out for?

I love meeting the characters in DLP, and have only ever gone as an adult with other adults. We’ve never been overlooked by characters or handlers, but may have waited a little longer due to the European understanding of what a queue is! We’ve had amazing interaction with most characters. Many face characters initiate interaction as they understand you’ve waited your turn, and after all Disney isn’t just for kids ;-)

I wouldn’t let anything put you off meeting all the characters you want to :)

When you know the time of year you will probably be going keep an eye out of the characters that are around during that time, as quite often (although with exceptions) the characters tend to be similar at the same time of year. For example the Cheshire Cat is out most of the time during Halloween but rarely at any other time. Follow DLP accounts on Instagram and Twitter for character posts :)

Thanks everyone for your input! :) Has anyone ever met the Rescuers? They are my all time favorite and I have never seen them in any of the USA parks.

Thanks everyone for your input! :) Has anyone ever met the Rescuers? They are my all time favorite and I have never seen them in any of the USA parks.

A long, long time ago. They were in the parade on April 12 if memory serves me correct. Before that... Valentine's Day, several years ago. Your chances to see them are best in Tokyo, they are out there a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter