New York, New Jersey, Connecticut -----> Florida?

Hoping the restriction is lifted by the time we are due to go to Disneyworld on Aug 15, or we (from NYC) will simply not be going. Fla will have to do without our money for this trip.

Keep the snowbirds from coming home :rolleyes1. Probably too late for that though since they tend to migrate north right around Easter.
Actually, the "normal" pattern from what I've seen is they start to trickle north starting March 1, with a huge spike April 1. This year, however, patterns were disrupted, with some leaving earlier and some choosing to stay later. I had the unique situation of the unfortunate timing of having to go back to NY in early March, then coming back down May 1 for reasons unrelated to coronavirus which facilitated transitioning from snowbird to full-time FL resident.

The orders are set to expire July 8th, and our trip is a few days later, and I’m panicking they’ll be extended again :oops:. Does anyone think DeSantis will allow them to expire, from Jersey at least?
Depends on a lot of things. But, it seems that Florida would easily be in Phase 3 by then so they should expire based on the Phase 3 plan. I don’t think he’ll separate NJ, CT, or NY state from the NYC tri-state order, though. I think that, if it expires for one, it will likely expire for all.

Depends on a lot of things. But, it seems that Florida would easily be in Phase 3 by then so they should expire based on the Phase 3 plan. I don’t think he’ll separate NJ, CT, or NY state from the NYC tri-state order, though. I think that, if it expires for one, it will likely expire for all.

makes sense-thank you

These flight restrictions still appear to be in place. I live in Massachusetts and am supposed to be going to WDW at the end of July, but my flight is from CT. If the restrictions are still in place when I leave does that mean that just because the flight is coming from CT I’m supposed to quarantine for 14 days when I get to FL? Or does it only apply if you live in CT, etc?

These flight restrictions still appear to be in place. I live in Massachusetts and am supposed to be going to WDW at the end of July, but my flight is from CT. If the restrictions are still in place when I leave does that mean that just because the flight is coming from CT I’m supposed to quarantine for 14 days when I get to FL? Or does it only apply if you live in CT, etc?

i was just doing some research on the boards, and it appears to go by where the flight originated from. so bc your flight would be from CT, yes it would apply.

The orders are set to expire July 8th, and our trip is a few days later, and I’m panicking they’ll be extended again :oops:. Does anyone think DeSantis will allow them to expire, from Jersey at least?
The other POSSIBILITY (but not necessarily) is that he could cancel them ahead of time. He issued a new executive order that, while continuing the tri-state area, ended the Louisiana part. So, as the other states move into phase 2, it is at least possible that they could end earlier... just have to wait and see. Like anything could go either way.

The other POSSIBILITY (but not necessarily) is that he could cancel them ahead of time. He issued a new executive order that, while continuing the tri-state area, ended the Louisiana part. So, as the other states move into phase 2, it is at least possible that they could end earlier... just have to wait and see. Like anything could go either way.
DeSantis knows when Disney is opening. The order will likely be lifted by then. I heard July 6th.

desperately hoping this is true!

desperately hoping this is true!

The restriction on LA residents was lifted yesterday. The one for NY, NJ, and CT is due to expire on July 5th or 6th, so will definitely end unless there is another order put in place, which I doubt. I suspect it may be lifted sooner than July, just as LA was. But, as of now, borders will be open for everyone a week prior to WDW re-opening. :-)

The restriction on LA residents was lifted yesterday. The one for NY, NJ, and CT is due to expire on July 5th or 6th, so will definitely end unless there is another order put in place, which I doubt. I suspect it may be lifted sooner than July, just as LA was. But, as of now, borders will be open for everyone a week prior to WDW re-opening. :-)

thank you for your kind words of hope. I've heard elsewhere that it’s been extended indefinitely? The executive order isn’t clear. I just have to hope that the governor and Disney are working together, which is why Disney is set to officially open when it does. I know it’s small in the scheme of things and that life isn’t fair, but I am so struck by how unfair the orders are now at this moment in time.

thank you for your kind words of hope. I've heard elsewhere that it’s been extended indefinitely? The executive order isn’t clear. I just have to hope that the governor and Disney are working together, which is why Disney is set to officially open when it does. I know it’s small in the scheme of things and that life isn’t fair, but I am so struck by how unfair the orders are now at this moment in time.

As a FL resident, I can tell you for sure that it hasn't been extended indefinitely. The governor is most definitely working with Disney, he approved their opening plans. It's all going to work out.

And the executive order is very clear. I read it myself. :-)

As a FL resident, I can tell you for sure that it hasn't been extended indefinitely. The governor is most definitely working with Disney, he approved their opening plans. It's all going to work out.

And the executive order is very clear. I read it myself. :-)

you have no idea how much your kind words, hope, and optimism mean to me right now. Thank you!:love::hug:

CT phase 2 reopening now set for June 17. Not sure of phase 2 dates NY/NJ, but curious what effect this has on FL restriction for CT when we reach that date, if anything.

CT phase 2 reopening now set for June 17. Not sure of phase 2 dates NY/NJ, but curious what effect this has on FL restriction for CT when we reach that date, if anything.
NJ is beginning stage 2 on June 15th. Numbers are significantly down... Our town no new cases for days... Our neighboring towns are reporting 0 cases for a few days and then will have 1 or 2. It really depends on the area you live. The counties closer to NYC have more cases than our area. I am hoping the FL order is lifted and their cases start going down. The number of new cases there are actually a lot higher than ours at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter