New Year's Eve fireworks in SoCal?

Lights_Out

"With the lights out, it's less dangerous"
Hey everyone!
I wanted to know if anyone here knew of any (family friendly) areas where we can watch NYE fireworks in the LA/OC area (preferably for free?).

Naturally, we would do Disneyland, but 1) It's expensive and 2) I don't think we could handle the crowds.

Preferably somewhere relaxed and maybe along the beach?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Fireworks aren't really a thing on NYE here. You can try Long Beach, they had them this year, though not at midnight. You could always spring for a fireworks view at DLH or view them for free from outside the park. Weather permitting, of course.

Yeah, that's what I thought...
I grew up in SoCal and have never experienced a NYE countdown with fireworks (at least an organized event).
I guess Disneyland's countdown is really the biggest one in SoCal.

Interesting replies.

I am a pyrotechnician. I have too many job offers for displays in Los Angeles to take.

Universal CityWalk does fireworks. The Rose Bowl has a great display. As does the Hollywood Bowl - with music. There are fireworks at the Grand Park downtown LA. The fireworks at the Queen Mary might be the most relaxed and you can see them from the beach. Several local cities all along the beach do fireworks.

Interesting replies.

I am a pyrotechnician. I have too many job offers for displays in Los Angeles to take.

Universal CityWalk does fireworks. The Rose Bowl has a great display. As does the Hollywood Bowl - with music. There are fireworks at the Grand Park downtown LA. The fireworks at the Queen Mary might be the most relaxed and you can see them from the beach. Several local cities all along the beach do fireworks.
Wow, thank you so much! I knew about the Queen Mary one, but I thought you had to buy a gala ticket or something.

Thanks again :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter