New Year's Eve @Disney, but not in a park?

WTG770

Earning My Ears
We're staying at a hotel walkable to Disney Springs on NYE. We have park tickets , but weren't keen on the crowds during this season. We're looking for fun stuff to do with our 3 teens. We made golf reservations and have dinner plans at our hotel, but where should we go to see some fireworks and to do something else fun? Could we access the beach at the Poly to see the MK fireworks? Could we see the Epcot ones from the Boardwalk area? We've done both of those before, but I'm not sure what the current transportation or other restrictions might be currently.

What else would be fun to do in the area on 1/1 with our teens between 10am-6pm before we fly out?

If I recall correctly, buses only go from DS to the resorts. So, you can catch a bus from DS to the Polynesian or to the Boardwalk, but not to a park. I seem to recall that they do block the beach to Polynesian guests and those with reservations at the Polynesian restaurants. Maybe you can change your dinner reservation to 'Ohana or Kona?

This thread shows how the beach is blocked off:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/4th-of-july-fireworks-viewing.3742132/

The NYE fireworks are like the 4th of July fireworks and are shot over the lagoon too. If you can't get a spot there, you may be able to find a nice spot on the path between resorts.

Here's another thread from last year:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/nye-outside-of-parks.3899068/

Here's another even older thread with info where to watch MK fireworks:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/watch-the-early-showing-of-mk-fireworks-on-nye-from-ttc.3689783/

Edited, you can get "home" by catching the Disney Springs bus from the TTC or by taking the monorail to the MK and catching the SSR bus and walking from the Congress Park area past DS to your hotel.

Thank you for your reply! I decided to upgrade to the "room with a view" so we have the option of going to bed early and letting our teens stay up for the celebration in our hotel room.

Never been @ Disney on NYE, but if it is like most other places that seems to the night when everyone decides to go out to dinner. I would make sure you have reservations for whatever restaurant you choose and not depend on some walk-up wait list, especially @ Disney Springs. I know others have mentioned that some areas are blocked off for hotel guests on 7/4 (like the beach around Poly) and perhaps they do that on NYE as well.

Check the official Disney website for specific restrictions regarding what they plan to do this year to avoid surprises or not being able to get somewhere. There is an outdoor patio area with the Contemporary where you can normally view fireworks even if not staying at that hotel. No idea if they limit that access for NYE, however. We found it a great way to avoid the exiting MK crowds the last time we stayed there and could see the fireworks with no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter