New Year's Dining...

We took our mac & cheese over to Flame Tree for a seat and food.

We decided what we wanted and Cary stayed to order while the kids found their favorite area to sit in...

img_6823.jpg

img_6827.jpg

...by the water looking out to Everest...what could be better? A great view and aggressive birds...perfect eating place!

We ended up with a
Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork Sampler

Smoked Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork served with Signature Baked Beans and Coleslaw

img_6828.jpg

So we are not huge BBQ fans but we like BBQ here and there. This was a great plate of food! The beans were nice and sweet BBQ-y...and the kids don't touch them so Cary and I got to split those. I am not a coleslaw person but Cary is if it is good and this one was gone when we were done so I am going to assume it was good. Tyler snagged some ribs and Skyler grabbed some chicken. They are not crazy about BBQ sauce and here, they use a rub not a sauce so they liked it all. I thought the chicken was a little bit dry for my liking but not overly so (but I am also a dark meat gal so take that for what it's worth). The ribs were good but I wasn't getting more than a taste of those. And the pork was actually my favorite on the plate. It was not dried out and not fatty...had good flavor. I wished there was some type of roll or Texas toast or something like that for making a sandwich with but it was good as it was too!

We usually use this area for snacking but we do not usually order from Flame Tree. The kids love sitting here because there are always birds around and they are fun to watch, And there are always long necked, long legged birds walking around stealing food off of tables as people eat. And usually some mom shooing the birds away...which usually only works for a few minutes. So if you are not a bird lover, stay away from this seating area. But there is a lot of space here so there are a lot of tables so we have never found it difficult to find a seat. This time it was almost empty. There were lots of birds around in the water but only one picking off of people's tables.

Like I said, we do not usually frequent Flame Tree but we do sit here a lot. If the opportunity presents itself we would return.

Our total here was $20.23 and Cary checked out at 4:40pm.

TOTAL = $790.28

Dino Bite Snacks

We just kind of explored the dino area and something at Dino Bite Snacks caught my eye.

A Peppermint Sundae!!! The picture was beautiful and towering over the cup. Well, the CM was new. He did not know how to work the whipped cream thingy. Or make the sundae. There was a line of about 5 people waiting. I paid quickly and waited forever for my sundae. Finally he called someone from some place else. And it looked like this...

img_6839.jpg

...and compared to the menu picture i was horribly disappointed! Now I get that things never look exactly as advertised but I really wish i hag thought to take a picture of the picture so you could see the difference ... it was massive! And no apologies for the wait or anything. Now, it tasted good so I did not complain to the CM but we got a good laugh out of the whole thing afterwards. We shared it and it was plenty. I'm chalking this one up to an inexperienced CM and not the venue itself...so we might return of we were in the right place at the right time again.

Our total was $7:45.

TOTAL $797.73

Satu'li Canteen

We had fast passes for Flight of Passage to use. I decided I was not going to ride since we were at the end og the day in all the heat and my ankles tend to swell. I had ridden twice before...once the CM worked at getting me locked in, once the seat just locked in by itself on the first try...bit I did have once that it just did not work at all...we were "rewarded" well for that trip but I just did not feel like going through the line and all that just in case. SO the three of them went to ride at 6:10pm and i went to find a cool place to sit inside Satu'li Canteen. Since I hate when people sit at a table not eating (even though it was pretty empty in there) I felt obligated to order something...twist my arm! SO i grabbed a
Chocolate Cake

Chocolate Cake with a Crunchy Cookie Layer and Banana Cream Topping

img_6842.jpg

img_6843.jpg

We had never had this before. It was really good. Not super sweet but sweet enough, and very rich. I would get it again for sure!

My total here was $5.64.

TOTAL = $803.37

Yak & Yeti

We walked back to Yak & Yeti for dinner.

img_6851.jpg

We waited about 5 minutes to be seated but were then led to our table along the windows upstairs.

We ordered our drinks (Ty got a coke and Skye and I just ordered tap water) but this time Cary for the ...
Yak Attack

Mango Daiquiri, Don Q Cristal Rum and Wildberry Flavors

img_6854.jpg

...which i think I drank most of! It was really good. We did actually order it in the Budda Mug but he forgot and just brought us a packaged up mug...which worked for us!

img_6855.jpg

img_6856.jpg

We ordered and Skye colored her kid's menu.

img_6857.jpg

She ordered the Kid's
Tempura Chicken

choice of Two (2) Sides and choice of Kid-size portion of Milk or Apple Juice

img_6858.jpg

With fried and white rice. I believe these were chicken nuggets at the time and not Tempura Chicken so I am not sure if they are different now or not. She liked it and it was the perfect amount of food for her.

Tyler ordered the
Kobe Beef Burger

10 oz. grilled American Kobe beef burger, sesame-soy mayonnaise, crispy shoestring fries. Topped with choice of shiitake mushrooms and scallion compote or Asian slaw

img_6859.jpg

Of course, he ordered it with just lettuce. But he said it was a really good burger! He ate it all so none of us got to try it so we'll have to take his word for it.

Cary and I decided to share two appetizers. We ordered the
Lettuce Cups

Minced chicken breast, chopped vegetables, Saigon Haison sauce, crisp lettuce cups

img_6860.jpg

and the
Pork Pot Stickers

Pan seared or steamed, soy lime dipping sauce

img_6861.jpg

Cary had never had lettuce wraps but he loved them...I had to show him how to eat them at first but we have since made a version at home. The pot stickers were great as always. Skye snagged one. I had most of the rest while Cary had most of the wraps.

It was oddly not crowded in there tonight so we had a nice quiet leisurely meal. We were too full for dessert so we called it after we finished our food.

We have been here before and we love it. I'm guessing Cary would say it is one of his favorites. It is good on the dining plan and not on it because there are enough different menu items at different cost points and the plates are usually large so sharing is not usually a problem. We will be back...in fact we will be back in about a month!

We were cashed out at 8:59pm and our total was $80.38.

TOTAL = $883.75

World Premier Food Court

We sent Tyler for breakfast. He was nervous because he has never ordered and gotten food for all of us on his own before. But he wasn't swimming this morning so he got nominated!

We ended up with
Glazed Doughnut

img_6897.jpg

a Cinnamon Roll

img_6898.jpg

and a
Bounty Platter with Mickey-shaped Waffle

Small Mickey-shaped Waffle served with Scrambled Eggs, Potatoes, Bacon and Sausage

img_6899.jpg

Which i am not sure was on the menu that way because i know Skye told him waffles, bacon and eggs with strawberries and this is what he came back with! But it is on the menu now so she'll be happy next time we're there.

The doughnut he bought for me and the cinnamon roll for himself. He said he was going back though because he could not carry more and he was waiting until he could get pizza for lunch and it wasn't quite out yet.

Everything was good and we all kinda shared the platter.

The total of this portion was $17.50.

Then he went back for the rest and ended up with what is not on the current online menu but is listed on the receipt as Bounty Waffle P2.

img_6904.jpg

img_6901.jpg

img_6902.jpg

It was sausage, bacon, eggs, potatoes, and Mickey Waffles...and we all kinds picked off of it. It was a lot of food!

img_6900.jpg

Tyler got a
Pepperoni Monster Slice of Pizza
1/4 of a Pizza Monster Slice of a Fresh-rolled Pizza Dough layered with Pomodoro Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella and Pepperoni finished with Italian Seasoning and his came with a roll.

img_6906.jpg

And he got another cinnamon roll (that he was not charged for now that i am looking at the receipt). Tyler has yet to meet a pizza he can't eat but he does really like Disney pizza. So he enjoyed it.

This portion of our breakfast was $24.28 so pur breakfast total was $41.78...kind of expensive for breakfast but it was a lot of food and we were all full when we went back to swimming.

TOTAL = $925.53

So for the first Disney portion, our dining was a total of $925.53. We had a few table service meals and a lot of counter service and snacks. At table service meals we were not eating like we would on the dining plan and we were sort of watching costs...I had budgetted about $200.00 per day TOTAL for all necessities of the day including souvin-ears.

If we had used the quick service dining plan it would have cost us $839.84 but we would have still had to pay for our table service meals out of pocket.

If we had gone with the regular dining plan it would have cost us $1207.84 and out table service meals plus some i could have planned, would have been covered except for tips.

If we had used the deluxe dining plan it would have cost us $1859.84 and the whole trip would have been different.

We love the deluxe dining plan but for this trip I think out of pocket gave us the most ease of travel.

The Kitchen

We checked in early to a nearly empty The Kitchen. It was very cool in there...lots of rock memorabilia around.

img_6920.jpg

We were given our menus and told our waitress would be there soon.

img_6921.jpg

img_6922.jpg

img_6923.jpg

img_6925.jpg

That is our trick pic...doesn't it look like Skye's arm is really long??? LOL

img_6945.jpg

So finally our waitress, Tracy D, showed up. Don't know what took her so long seeing as there really was not more than two tables in the whole place with people at them. She was nice but a bit rushed seeming and absent minded.

Skyler ordered a Chopped Caesar - Chopped Romaine, Garlic Croutons, Parmesan Cheese Appetizer sized

img_6932.jpg

It was pretty huge for a side salad but it was the perfect Caesar!

Cary ordered the Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup for his appetizer.

img_6937.jpg

It was really good and had huge chunks of chicken in it. It was odd with spaghetti noodles but in our house a noodle is a noodle so it's all good! He really enjoyed the soup and Skye did too!

Tyler ordered the Jumbo Kitchen Wings - Traditional Buffalo or Sesame Honey Glaze as buffolo and loved them all!

img_6934.jpg

img_6935.jpg

img_6936.jpg

Initially she brought his the Sesame Honey Glazed and there was no way he was going to eat them so we had to wait for her to come back around...which was slow. Once she got what he actually ordered, he absolutely loved these...they were large wings and had lots of meat and good flavor. He finished them all!

For an entree Skyler got the Mac & Cheese - Manchego, Monterey Jack and Cheddar

img_6938.jpg

This was huge and we could have shared it! And it was really good. It gas a crust on the top but it was creamy inside. She really loved this mac & cheese.

Cary was not in the mood for a whole lot on the menu so he unusually ordered the Roasted Turkey Club Sandwich - Seven Grain Bread, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Mayo and he thought it was ok.

img_6939.jpg

Like i said, it was an unusual order for him. He liked it and ate it all but it was not his favorite thing he ate all trip. I had a bite and it was good...but a little dry for me. The fries were good.

I had a hard time deciding. I ended up with a Greek Lamb Wrap - Grilled Pattie, Feta, Cucumber, Tomato, Lettuce, Red Onion Tzatziki Sauce, Naan Bread and it was ok, but it was really heavy and I wished I had ordered differently or just shared with Skye,

img_6940.jpg

Like I said, this was heavier than I thought it would be. It was similar to a gyros but the texture is different. It wasn't bad but I did wish I had ordered differently.

Tyler ordered the Three Cheese Flatbread - Mozzarella, Parmesan, and Asiago (with pepperoni added) ...

img_6941.jpg

...and he loved it! Tyler was probably the one who chose the best overall meal...I guess there is something to be said for ordering what you know!

He decided to use his coupon now and ordered the Birthday Doughnut with Ice Cream and was given this...

img_6944.jpg

...which isn't the Birthday Doughnut with Ice Cream....Is is a brownie. So He is also the one that Tracy flaked out on the most. We did not bother sending it back because we figured it would take forever for her to come around again and then forever to bring back the correct dessert. But it was good anyway!

Overall, We had a good meal. Would we eat here again? Maybe...it wasn't crowded. I think you could probably get in without a reservation. SO if we were hungry and wanted something in the hotel, we probably would. But I do not think we would go out of our way to get here.

Our total here was $111.83 and we were done around 4pm so this was a long meal for us. We were not complaining about it though because it was nice and comfy and there was lots to look at. One odd/bad thing about The Kitchen though, is that there is no bathroom inside. You have to leave the restaurant and go around the corner and down the hall to get to the closest one and it is not well marked.

UNIVERSAL TOTAL = $111.83
DISNEY
TOTAL = $925.53
OVERALL TOTAL = $1037.36

Production Central - 62

Skye needed a pretzel so we stopped at Production Central - 62 and she got one...

img_6997.jpg

And seasonal slushies...I know one was peppermint and I want to say Eggnog but not sure for sure what they were. I have no receipt so cannot tell you what they were...

img_6998.jpg

img_6999.jpg

Both had good flavor but I liked the peppermint one best. The total here was around $24.03.

UNIVERSAL TOTAL = $135.86

DISNEY TOTAL = $925.53
OVERALL TOTAL = $1061.39

Voodoo Doughnut

At this point we decided to head out because we wanted to get someplace before it closed. So we heaved to City Walk to get in line to get into Voodoo Donuts!

img_7001.jpg

img_7002.jpg

img_7003.jpg

img_7004.jpg

img_7005.jpg

img_7006.jpg

img_7008.jpg

img_7009.jpg

This was a rotating display of all the donuts on sale today...it was a long line but it moved pretty quickly and there was a lot to look at!

We decided to get the Fryer Flyer Dozen which was a pre-selected dozen donuts. One of them was out so we were able to choose something else.

img_7010.jpg

Once we got to the room we layed them our to photograph...so I'm skipping ahead a little here...

img_7013.jpg
img_7014.jpg

So those are...
Voodoo Doll ©
Vegan option available

Raised yeast doughnut filled with raspberry jelly topped with chocolate frosting and a pretzel stake (characteristics of Voodoo Dolls are all different).

Portland Cream©
Vegan option available

Raised yeast shell filled with Bavarian cream and topped with chocolate and two eyeballs, representing the vision of the great city of Portland.

a special Universal Orange one that isn't listed on their menu.

The Homer
Raised ring dipped in strawberry flavored frosting and a smattering of round sprinkles

Grape Ape
Vegan option available

Raised yeast doughnut with vanilla frosting, grape dust, and purple sprinkles.

img_7015.jpg

and these are...

Oh Captain, My Captain

Raised yeast doughnut with vanilla frosting and Captain Crunch.

Blueberry Cake
Blueberry cake doughnut with a glaze.

I believe the next one was a Chile cocoa one but i am not seeing it on the menu

Marshall Mathers
Plain cake doughnut with vanilla frosting and mini M&M’s®.

Tangfastic
Plain cake doughnut with vanilla frosting, Tang, and three marshmallows.

Dirt
vegan-pink-v-t.png

Raised yeast doughnut with vanilla frosting and Oreo cookies

Old Dirty Bastard
Vegan option available

Raised yeast doughnut with chocolate frosting, Oreo cookies, and peanut butter.

Bacon Maple Bar©
Raised yeast doughnut with maple frosting and bacon on top.

img_7016.jpg

As we ate them over the course of our trip Tyler made us all taste each of them. I wish I remembered everyone's favorite. I really likes the maple bacon one...Cary liked the Universal Orange one...and I am not sure about the kids. I think they just loved the novelty of it all. They were all really good and fresh even though it was almost 9pm. Honorable mention to the Voodoo Doll and the Portland Creme. The grape one sounds gross (and I am not a grape flavored person at all usually) but it was actually pretty good. The ones with cereal or cookies get stale fast, the cookies get mushy rather than staying crunchy. But they supplied us with a mini breakfast before we left the room each day and they were fun to explore.

Out total here was $29.82. Now, I would not normally pay that much for doughnuts but they did last over our trip and they were good and fun so I think we will probably be back for expensive doughnuts in the future. It was 8:40pm when we checked out.

UNIVERSAL TOTAL = $165.68
DISNEY TOTAL = $925.53
OVERALL TOTAL = $1091.21

The Fountain of Fair Fortune AND The Hopping Pot

We grabbed a Butterbeer from The Fountain of Fair Fortune for $7.45.

img_7034.jpg

Cary liked the regular one better than the frozen one but Tyler and I like the frozen one better. It was good and cold and went down quickly . So we stopped at The Hopping Pot and for a Frozen Butterbeer...

img_7035.jpg

and an order of Beef Pasties...

img_7037.jpg

We already covered the butterbeer so the Pasties...YUMMY! I wish we would have taken a picture of the inside...it is basically just seasoned beef...but they were really good!

we were here at 9:05am and our total was $17.02.

So our total for our morning snack was $24.47.

UNIVERSAL TOTAL = $190.15

DISNEY TOTAL = $925.53
OVERALL TOTAL = $1115.65

Hot Dog Hall of Fame

We decided on The Hot Dog Hall of Fame.

It is a cute little outdoor venue that looks like a ball park with bleacher seating and tables. We were there as it was opening and they were kinda slow to get going. But there were so many hot dog choices it took us a while to decide.

We ordered and went to sit, grabbed napkins, straws, and ketchup.

img_7071_1.jpg

During this time the girls had finished up and were wondering where to go for lunch. We told them where we were and they were going to head over too.

img_7072.jpg

I ordered the Foot Long Dog Platter (UD) - Vienna® all-beef dog, foot long bun, French fries, choice of two toppings. Served with fries. The two toppings I chose were tomatoes and cheese sauce.

img_7073.jpg

It was a really good hot dog and filling! The fries were small but with all that hot dog, who needs a ton of fries!

Cary got a Detroit Platter (UD) - Koegel® dog, Abbott’s Coney chili, diced onions. Served with fries
and he loved it!

img_7074_1.jpg

His looks smaller, and it was a smaller dog but with the chili it did not seem any less filling! SHe thought it was really good and i tasted the chili and it was good...it was a meaty chili rather than a beany one but it was good with the dog.

Tyler, of course, had to experience the best...

img_7076.jpg

img_7077.jpg

...and got the Two Foot Dog Platter - Vienna® all-beef dog, baguette, choice of two toppings. Served with fries. Plain, of course...he loved it. He got pretty close to finishing it too! Cary had a little bit of the end. All the girls found it funny when they arrived.

img_7078.jpg

We also ordered a sprite and a coke.

Overall, we were glad we tried Hot Dog Hall of Fame. We would definitely go back again. Out total here was $50.43 and we paid at 12:23pm.

UNIVERSAL TOTAL = $240.58
DISNEY TOTAL = $925.53
OVERALL TOTAL = $1166.08

Hop on Pop and Circus McGurkus

We stopped at Hop On Pop Ice Cream Shoppe and got a Sundae On A Stick (UD) - Vanilla ice cream bar hand dipped in chocolate with your choice of topping with Rainbow Sprinkles and took it to Circus McGurkus and grabbed a table. Cary went to get a Freestyle Cup. It took him forever to get through the line. We grabbed a seat to eat out ice cream inside...it was hot out!

img_7100.jpg

img_7099.jpg

The ice cream was really good! The chocolate was really thick, like hard to cut through but that made it so much better! We would definitely get one of these again! And the freestyle cups are SO worth it! I wish Disney would do these in the parks.

Our total for the ice cream was $6.04 and for the cup with refills for today was $17.03...it was 1:36pm when Cary checked out at Circus McGurkus.

UNIVERSAL TOTAL = $263.65
DISNEY TOTAL = $925.53
OVERALL TOTAL = $1189.15

Capitain America Diner

After they got sufficiently dry we headed into Marvel Super hero Island. We were all a bit hungry but the only place open was Captain America Diner (we tried to go to Cafe 4 but we walked in and they told us they were closed...hadn't even locked the doors yet!), much to my dismay. This is a pet peeve of mine at a lot of theme parks (including Disney)! Why is everything closing before the park does? People are still hungry. People may have not thought about eating because they were so excited about rides and attractions...why not give them more opportunity to spend more money??? Ind it was only about 6:30pm!?!?!?

So anyway, we all headed into Captain America Diner and we were some of the only ones in there...and yet service was still slow and some orders were wrong. We were able to grab a few tables for all of us and push them together with no problem since we were some of the only people in there.

Tyler an I got the
Crispy Chicken Sandwich Platter which comes with fries. Tyler got just lettuce and bacon...I got it with bacon, lettuce, and tomato.

img_7139.jpg

Not very impressive. A basic chicken sandwich with a little bit of fries...totally not worth $11.99. But this also would not have been my choice of venue had we had one.

Skyler got a
Chicken Fingers Combo which came with fries and a milk shake...vanilla of course.

img_7141.jpg
img_7140.jpg

Which was chicken nuggets, fries and a shake....nothing bad, nothing special.

Cary got a
Bacon Cheeseburger Combo that included fries and a shake...chocolate.

img_7138.jpg

img_7143.jpg

Bad picture but doesn't it look exactly like the chicken sandwich??? Um, ya... THis is not on the menu any more but it was food but that's about it.

Because it took so long to get our food they gave Cary a dessert free. It is also not on the menu so not sure what it was...

img_7142.jpg

I believe it was a peach pie. Looks good, right? Nope, so dry the inside part that should have been liguid-ish was almost completely dry. We overdone and apparently sat under the lamps too long. Maybe a scoop of vanilla ice cream would have helped it...but probably not! If we had paid for this, I would have taken it back.

Others had issues with their food and not getting what they ordered or whatever and they were given the correct thing after they complained.

There are not a whole lot of places I will say we will never go back to but this would be one of them...all other places to eat at would have to be closed and we would have to be starving to death before I would eat here again.

Our total here was $59.27 and very NOT WORTH IT!

UNIVERSAL TOTAL = $322.92
DISNEY TOTAL = $925.53
OVERALL TOTAL = $1248.42

Lard Lad

We stopped at Lard Lad for Skyler's BIG Pink Donut. Last time it was on her list of things to do but we got one when she was at class and she never got to get one so this time she was determined.

img_7194.jpg

img_7192.jpg

These are a really good donut...both times we have gotten them they are light and fresh. She was a bit upset that it did not fill out the box....our total here was $7.45 (it was 11:28am).

UNIVERSAL TOTAL = $330.37
DISNEY TOTAL = $925.53
OVERALL TOTAL = $1255.87

Fast Food Boulevard

Then we went over to Fast Food Boulevard for lunch. This is one building that encompasses Cletus' Chicken Shack, Lisa's Teahouse of Terror, Luigi's, The Frying Dutchman, Krusty Burger, and Flaming Moe's.

The line looked long but it is separate counters so it moves quickly. We all ordered and Skye saw that they actually sell the BIG pink donuts here too...and they ALL FILLED THE BOX! She was pissed!!!

The boys waited for food and Skye and I went to find a table. It is a huge dining area so we have never had a problem finding a seat. We gathered napking, utensils, etc...and waited for them to come with the food.

I got the Double Batter Chicken Platter - Corn flake crusted battered fried chicken with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob & coleslaw

img_7189.jpg

Cary ate the coleslaw and thought it was good (no one else eats it). Skye had the corn and some meat. I had the potatoes and some meat. It was plenty of food and really good. We have eaten here before and it has always been good. The chicken is moist and flavorful without being greasy. The potatoes and gravy were really good (I don't get gravy at home very often because no one else likes it). Skye liked the corn too. It was not soggy as if it had sat in water waiting to go onto a place...it was crunchy and fresh.

Tyler got his favorite...2 Chicken & Waffle Sandwich -
Double Battered, extra crispy fried chicken breast between two waffles with maple syrup mayo & tater tots

img_7190.jpg

He got the maple syrup mayo on the side and had lettuce put on it. He loves these. They are the size of a toaster waffle and the chicken fills the waffle. I like the maple mayo but he doesn't. The tots are always crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. He was willing to share since he got two orders.

Skyler got the Cheese Pizza - Personal size pizza topped with tomato sauce and 100% whole milk mozzarella cheese.

img_7191.jpg

It was freshly made and had that fire cooked thin crust so it was really good. I don't think we had had this here before but she was happy with it!

Cary got the
Clogger Burger - Two 6 oz burger patties topped with applewood smoke bacon, Secret Sauce, cheddar cheese sauce, a giant tomato slice & iceberg lettuce, served on a specialty bun...

img_7193.jpg

It came with curly fries that were very good and seasoned! This was a huge burger! He really enjoyed it too. Looking at the receipt I am seeing that we were not charged for it. I did not notice it before but hey, bonus!

We really like it here. Granted we have not done much dining at Universal so we don't have a lot of experience but as far as fast food at Universal goes, this is a good standard option. One thing I have noticed though, at UNiversal there is a lot of chicken on the menus. You get other things here and there but a lot of the fast food places seem to be chicken based. Not a bad thing entirely but just an observation.

We checked out here at 11:39am and our total was $52.15...so cheaper than last nights fiasco and much better!

UNIVERSAL TOTAL = $382.52
DISNEY TOTAL = $925.53
OVERALL TOTAL = $1308.02

Last edited:
Production Central - 62

While we were waiting for the kids and the parade Cary ran and grabbed us a Pretzel at Production Central - 62 ($7.02).

img_7222.jpg

UNIVERSAL TOTAL = $389.54
DISNEY TOTAL = $925.53
OVERALL TOTAL = $1315.04

That's a bummer about the donut! I wouldn't have been happy either. We have enjoyed our meals when we have eaten at the Simpsons places too. I agree the chicken and waffles is soooo yummy!

I’m enjoying your report! Thanks for the running tab, we are also usually deluxe diners, but I think we will go OOP on our December trip so it’s helpful to see the costs.

Oasis Coolers

On the way we stopped at Oasis Coolers for some food. This was one of our two favorites from last time. We ordered two Beef Kabob Combos with Cheddar Sun Chips.

img_7228.jpg

They come kabobed. These have been consistently good. It has enough filling that is fresh and hot where it should be and cold where it should be....quite a feat for a little stand. The kids wont eat them because they have sauce on them but if there is any meat the sauce has not touched, they'll grab it!

It was 5:48pm and our total here was $28.74. It is a little expensive for what you get but they are really good so it doesn't feel quite so bad. Seating is across the way and while there is not a ton, there is enough...and bonus! This time there was no one changing a diaper on the table next to people trying to eat!!!

UNIVERSAL TOTAL = $418.28
DISNEY TOTAL = $925.53
OVERALL TOTAL = $1343.78

Fire Eater's Grill

While we were getting this and sitting, the kids ran to Fire Eaters for their favorite!

img_7229.jpg

img_7230.jpg

They got two of these and a chocolate chip cookie. These are the Chicken Stingers (with Hot Sauce) and fries. They love the flavor on these. This place is just the other side of the seating area so it's kind of all right in the same place. All the kids shared these. Their total here was $28.31...again, a bit high but they are very good and plenty of food.

UNIVERSAL TOTAL = $446.59

DISNEY TOTAL = $925.53
OVERALL TOTAL = $1372.09

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!