New Year, New Experiences! A January 2016 TR - I’m here at WDW! 3/25

Glad to see you back on here, I was starting to get worried. Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Hope you all are holding up ok. Sounds like a tough month, but may November treat you all better.

So sorry for all the tough things lately. Condolences on your grandmother. I hope things start looking up for you! :hug:

October has been one crazy month. The first half was great: Cal turned 4 then we went to Aulani. The second half of October? Not so good. Cal got a double ear infection and a cold that he passed to the baby and me and Dan. Then I got Mastitis and that sucked the life out of me. At the end of that I got a sinus infection. Then my grandma died, funeral tomorrow :sad1: Crazy that one could go through the entire list of emotions within a 31 day period, but I/we did.

I'm terribly behind here (although I do have an update ready!) and super behind on my subbed threads, but as soon as I find my groove again, i'll be back.

Take your time. This place isn't important.

I remember when Julie got mastitis. Ugh. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. And I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandma. Hugs and hope you feel better soon!

I just found your TR and read it all the way through. First, I am so sorry about your grandma and what a month you had. :( Happy 4th to Cal though!

I have two girls (#3 on the way, and will be at WDW at 20 weeks preggo!) and the first two were almost 4 years apart - I loved the age difference and hope you are too! Now #2 is about to turn 1 in just a few days. Anyway,

LOVED your gender reveal idea!! How sweet of the family behind you to record it as well, and how sweet for you to return the favor with the pink balloon! <3

Hope you had an amazing trip to Aulani, and looking forward to more on this TR :)

What a month. I'm happy for the good parts and glad you made it through the sickness and feel healthy again.

So sorry about the loss of your grandmother. Take it easy and catch up when you can. I know that I too am woefully behind. :sad2:

I'm still alive everyone

Good to hear! Hi!

Cal got a double ear infection and a cold that he passed to the baby and me and Dan.

Oh, man. Well, that sucks.

Then I got Mastitis and that sucked the life out of me.

I had to Google that. Never heard of it before.
Doesn't sound fun.

At the end of that I got a sinus infection.

Sure. Because you haven't had enough already.

Then my grandma died, funeral tomorrow

Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear this! My condolences.

I'm terribly behind here (although I do have an update ready!) and super behind on my subbed threads, but as soon as I find my groove again, i'll be back.

Take your time. I think we all can wait a bit longer.

I'm so sorry for your tough month, especially the loss of your grandma. :( I had mastitis with my 3rd, and it was one of the worst experiences ever! Hugs!

Hi Lesha! It's been a while since I've been on the Dis, but I'm glad to be back! I am continuing to enjoy your TR. I loved how you did the baby gender reveal with Mickey - that was so cute!
I hope you and your family had a good time in Aulani!
Also, I am very sorry for the loss of your grandmother, sending my good thoughts.:lovestruc

Looking forward to reading more of your TR!:goodvibes

Hi friend...I am sorry November has been a tough month so far. I know I've seen/read stuff on FB/IG but wanted to say again how sorry I am about your grandma. It's never easy to lose a loved one :hug:

Hope things have gotten better for you and are looking up again! :goodvibes

Wow... what a rollercoaster of a month October was. I hope that November is off to a positive start and hopefully it can be a good month throughout!

Alicia, I am finally ALL caught up here - let me say that I loved the TR so far. (Tried to quote a few times, but then I needed to do something else and kind of never got around. Sat down this weekend and read through the whole report again.)
But I am very sorry to hear that the second half of October was a painful one. I am very late, but still sending hugs for all of you and a lot of pixie dust for better times. :hug:

Hey Alicia,

Just checking in... you doing ok? Some of us are a bit worried about you. No need for a big update, but well, just hoping things are all alright.

Last edited:
IMG_5063.jpg

So awesome!

So cute!

Although DH and I were so ready to go to bed, we had to stay up and go back down at 11:30 to see if anything had come in. At 11:30pm, luggage was coming around the conveyor belt, people were picking up there things and soon it was just DH and I left in the room. Nothing. No luggage. No stroller. Next arriving flight was at 10:30am the next morning :sad:

Ugh that's the worst!

Side note. DM never sleeps with covers over her. She’s always warm. Well around 3am she got up to fiddle with the AC but instead, somehow, she managed to set the fire alarm off in the room! The siren was going, a light was flashing, DH jumped out of bed half naked, I jumped up yelling to get out but she managed to turn it off. What the DEVIL?! DS slept through that nonsense luckily, but it took us all a bit to settle back down. Now looking back, that was a hilarious moment but oh man, that was so not what we needed at 3am that morning!

Oh my gosh. You painted a really funny picture although I'm sure it wasn't at the time. After such a crappy and tiring evening you needed your sleep!

P.S. I disappeared again but I'm back! LOL! Better late than never...

He totally didn’t want to poor kid, but yep she pulled his pants down and made him pee right there in front of everyone
:scared1:

Now my nice people watching spot was gone and these two clowns were chowing down on my popcorn! Not ideal.
I'd be mad! :sad2:

So cute, I never noticed that before.

We got called after about 20-25 minutes of waiting and were led to…..

a picnic table.
I don't remember there being picnic tables in there! Where? In the back?

She asked if we could sit in one of the empty cars and was told by the hostess showing us our table that it could take 15 minutes or more to get a car. DM said we’d wait.
I would do the same thing. Why go there if you're not in a car!

Side Note: While writing this, I asked DH how he couldn’t like cheesecake? And he turns and gives me the look. I’ve been finding out more about my husband in the last year than I have in the first year of us dating. About a year ago, I found out that when he says he doesn’t like something, it’s because he really does like it :faint: For instance, mayo on burgers. Ever since I’ve known him, he’s asked to sub Mustard, no mayo. Turns out, he loves the stuff but forces himself to say he hates it so he won’t eat it. Does this guy not understand, he could have had me killed! If someone put a gun to my head and said, “Does DH like mayo??” I would have said no and been shot! So I guess Cheesecake is on his ‘Lies’ list.
This is SO funny! I think my mom does the same thing with chocolate hahaha. I love how your take on this is that it could have gotten you killed :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter