New Year, New Experiences! A January 2016 TR - I’m here at WDW! 3/25

I’m so jealous of your solo trip! Arthur is now 2 1/2 and the only night I’ve spent away from him was an overnight at the hospital after having my gallbladder removed (one week before our December 2017 WDW trip) I need a mommy recharge!

What?! You are in desperate need of a solo trip too, more than me I think! We really are so lucky that DH's mom takes both boys for the night probably once a month, so we can relax or go out. Did you heal fairly quickly before your trip?!?

What?! You are in desperate need of a solo trip too, more than me I think! We really are so lucky that DH's mom takes both boys for the night probably once a month, so we can relax or go out. Did you heal fairly quickly before your trip?!?
I was fine (except being told not to lift anything over 10lbs) by about day 3, so I was good for the trip although I wish I could have held him to meet some of the characters, I think he would have been more comfortable as he’s a total momma’s boy. My parents live a 7 hour drive away and DH’s parents live a 5 hr flight away so we don’t have that option unfortunately. We have done a few dates with friends babysitting but no overnights yet.

This is comforting...for a sec, until it happens again :rotfl:

Whadya want? Guarantees???? It's parenting!!

;)

What can be better than starting off your last full day with Lilo and Stitch at Breakfast?! Well, for DH, anything but this! :laughing:

I'm with DH.
Not a huge fan of characters either.
"Leave me alone. Can't you see I'm eating all of your delicious food???"

7:15am comes pretty fast after 5 days full of fun

awww...

I’m sure most of you know, but if you don’t, this is a family style meal. Breakfast comes with scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes, sausage, biscuits, fruit, pastries, coffee, POG juice and Mickey and STITCH waffles!

You had me at POG.

Yum!

Awwwww... :)

After breakfast, we all sat in the lobby area so everyone could trade off using the restaurant

How does one use a restaurant? Is it when you order a dish, bring it home and then claim you cooked it yourself?

He said he’s done with breakfasts at Disney World until they bring in tortillas

giphy1-gif.297299

:laughing:

We started out at Innoventions, checking out Colortopia and doing…whatever this is we’re doing

Huh. I've done colortopia and don't remember that.
I do remember thinking "I don't want to do this again."

:lmao:

Now listen kid, absolutely no climibing! He has that mischievous look about him

Don't listen to her! Climb! Be free!

Sorry. A boy's gotta be a boy.

Perfect fit.

And then something really fun happened! The mariachi’s came out and they handed Calvin a small drum for him to play with them!

No way! that's great!

This is I think our third time doing this place for lunch (or heavy snack!) Such a ‘hidden’ gem.

Interesting! I've never been. I went with Via Napoli since everyone raves about their pizza (meh.)
Might have to put this one on the list. :)

NOT THE POINTSETTIA'S!!!!!

:rotfl:

Who. I do not want to mess with you!

he saw the graveyard and said, "Wow, someone died right there!" :lmao:o_O

I feel like I may have posted this before in past January TR’s but I LOVE the windows on Main Street showing Mickey’s Christmas Carol.

Me too! I took photos of all of them. :)

You weren't kidding! Great view!

Oh forgot to add, right before heading down to buy breakfast, I called and asked if we could get a 30 minute extension for our check out. They gave us an hour!

Nice!

Wow! Didn't know that was there.

And that was the end of our glorious trip! We had the best time and even though I was pregnant and couldn’t partake in drinks or certain rides, I still did A LOT and had a blast!

So glad you had a great trip! Looking forward to hearing about the next! :)

Great ending to this trip. Ohana is super yummy and love all the character photos, especially Cal’s dance demonstration :)

That was a fun packed day with lots of yummies popcorn::

I keep forgetting to go into Innoventions. I mean to but it never happens.

Awesome about your room view at Kidani! Jiko is so yummy. Lovely about your check out extension.

Thanks for sharing this trip :)

I hope you get all the FPs you want. 60 days is coming up fast :cool1:

I was fine (except being told not to lift anything over 10lbs) by about day 3, so I was good for the trip although I wish I could have held him to meet some of the characters, I think he would have been more comfortable as he’s a total momma’s boy. My parents live a 7 hour drive away and DH’s parents live a 5 hr flight away so we don’t have that option unfortunately. We have done a few dates with friends babysitting but no overnights yet.

Totally understand that. Q is a complete mama's boy and would rather me hold him than anyone else. Unless it come to napping, then he wants DH cause he's a little more 'padded' :rotfl2: Oooh yes that is a long ways away from you guys.

I'm with DH.
Not a huge fan of characters either.
"Leave me alone. Can't you see I'm eating all of your delicious food???"

Ugh, two peas in a pod, you two:rolleyes:

How does one use a restaurant? Is it when you order a dish, bring it home and then claim you cooked it yourself?

HAHA!:rotfl2: Good catch my friend! :lmao:

Huh. I've done colortopia and don't remember that.
I do remember thinking "I don't want to do this again."

:rotfl:EXACTLY! I even have video that I uploaded from our visit to Colortopia and thought, "Yeah, not much happening. Not posting it."

Don't listen to her! Climb! Be free!

Sorry. A boy's gotta be a boy.

:rotfl2:And he's constantly acting like a boy...always grabbing himself and whatnot:scared:

No way! that's great!

It really was so cool of them to do that!

Interesting! I've never been. I went with Via Napoli since everyone raves about their pizza (meh.)
Might have to put this one on the list. :)

No way, you didn't like it?! Poop. Well then you MUST get to Tutto Gusto for their small plates and let me know how you feel about that place. It's never busy when we've been, even though it's really small. But it's marvelous!

Who. I do not want to mess with you!

I'm pretty competitive, but even moreso when it's against DH. He's naturally great at video games and sports so it's on like Donkey Kong when we play against each other.

Me too! I took photos of all of them. :)

Ooh yay another fan!

Wow! Didn't know that was there.

This past trip, DH didn't know it was there either :lmao: I told DFIL and DH to go play pool in the community hall and DH said, "There's no pool table there." Uh, pretty sure I played against you AND I have photographic evidence:confused3

So glad you had a great trip! Looking forward to hearing about the next! :)

It really was, especially just coming off that less than perfect trip recently.

Great ending to this trip. Ohana is super yummy and love all the character photos, especially Cal’s dance demonstration :)

That was a fun packed day with lots of yummies popcorn::

I keep forgetting to go into Innoventions. I mean to but it never happens.

Awesome about your room view at Kidani! Jiko is so yummy. Lovely about your check out extension.

Thanks for sharing this trip :)

I hope you get all the FPs you want. 60 days is coming up fast :cool1:

I totally loved 'Ohana's, I can see why it's so popular, especially if you're a Lilo and Stitch fan!

Yep, no Innoventions for us this trip either. Always the plan though isn't it?!:lmao:

I DIDDDDDD!!! :bitelip::bitelip::bitelip::bitelip::bitelip::bitelip::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

A huge THANK YOU to @TinkLoverSam for giving me the heads up on being able to make all FP's at the same time (even with several resort reservations!):hug::hug: I got on at 4:25am this morning and got everything I wanted, including Flight of Passage! :cheer2::banana::bounce::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: I was very surprised at how available everything was, considering it was not like this at the 59 day mark for our last trip (forgot about purchasing a ticket so was a day late!), there was not much available, including FOP and SDMT and all the times were terribly late and sporadic. But nope, got them all lined up right next to each other exactly how I wanted them, except for AK. Cause I go by FOP's schedule, not mine and i'm okay with that ::yes:: I plan on using the Single Rider line for: RnRC, EE, and TT. And we are still not sure on what's going on with DH. Probably 50% sure he'll join halfway during my trip, which is why it's all 1 guest (super weird to see that!)

You’re very welcome! I’m so glad you got what you wanted! I was able to sneak onto FoP with a DAS pass someone passed onto me. I went by myself and it was so amazing I wanted to run off and tell everyone how spectacular it was.

Ugh, two peas in a pod, you two:rolleyes:

Yup!

Wait.... two peas in a pod.... that's not a Disney character is it?
HAHA!:rotfl2: Good catch my friend! :lmao:

;)

:rotfl:EXACTLY! I even have video that I uploaded from our visit to Colortopia and thought, "Yeah, not much happening. Not posting it."

:laughing: I believe you.

:rotfl2:And he's constantly acting like a boy...always grabbing himself and whatnot:scared:

Don't worry. That will eventually stop.

When he's 90.

No way, you didn't like it?! Poop. Well then you MUST get to Tutto Gusto for their small plates and let me know how you feel about that place. It's never busy when we've been, even though it's really small. But it's marvelous!

Putting it on the list. :)

I'm pretty competitive, but even moreso when it's against DH. He's naturally great at video games and sports so it's on like Donkey Kong when we play against each other.

:laughing: Get him!

This past trip, DH didn't know it was there either :lmao: I told DFIL and DH to go play pool in the community hall and DH said, "There's no pool table there." Uh, pretty sure I played against you AND I have photographic evidence:confused3

I got on at 4:25am this morning and got everything I wanted, including Flight of Passage!

Excellent!

Wow! That was a whirlwind wrap up! I keep forgetting that this was a trip when you werr pregnant with Q. It has been a while, especially since i met him over a year ago!

Sounds like your March trip is shaping up nicely and im glad you got the FP+s that you wanted. I'm just struggling to get caught back up, so no multi quotes and such.

Sorry your most recent trip was not so good. Our DS also got influenza while at WDW last spring. Put a damper on the week for sure.

I am so excited for your solo trip! I've went the last 3 years solo, and it's my favorite.

Looks like a great ending to your trip! I can't believe that was all 2 years ago now! Thanks so much for sharing and have an amazing trip in March!

Now listen kid, absolutely no climibing! He has that mischievous look about him

Because getting arrested at Disney isn't very fun. ;)

This is I think our third time doing this place for lunch (or heavy snack!) Such a ‘hidden’ gem.

Soooo, I need to research this some more!

Great "I-just-won" photo!

I love this photo!!! So perfect!

That is one HECK of a charcuterie!

Thank you guys for sticking out this 2 year TR! :ssst::blush:

Oh heck, I've done those before! NO worries!

In other news, tomorrow is my 60 day mark for my Solo March trip! I have to get up at 4:30 tomorrow and the next several days to make my FP selections since I have three different resort stays :faint: but i'm way to stoked to care about all that!

WAY too early, but SO worth it!!! Because that means a trip is getting close!

He’s not a big fan of eating breakfast at the restaurants on property due to the price.

If I stopped doing anything at Disney that was overpriced, I'd stop going altogether!

I love this picture. Calvin is showing Lilo that he knew her 'foot' dance as he called it:lmao:

Kid's got moves.

What did I think? Obviously, loved it! Breakfast was solid, lots of attention from characters and our waitress and it was the perfect way to begin our last day.

Great! No problem here.

What did Dan think? Nope. Not a fan. And for him, breakfast comes with a tortilla. No tortillas here. That's what kills him. He said he’s done with breakfasts at Disney World until they bring in tortillas

Um...ok...

He knows that's basically a bland, flat pancake, right?

The poor photographer kept telling Dan to turn around, that the camera was the other way :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

The mariachi’s came out and they handed Calvin a small drum for him to play with them!

Very cool! What a neat experience for him.

When in France, eat éclairs and chocolate croissants ::yes::

Story checks out.

This is serious park time here.

But Dan was pleased that he kicked my butt.

Well...it's a guy thing. Or a married thing. Take your pick.

Next up HM, which I want to add, how well Cal does on here.

Nice! Tough to predict how the kids will react to that one.

Even though we booked a Standard 1 bedroom, we scored on the view!

Nice! :thumbsup2

(I love the way the entrance to Kidani Village looks at night, BTW!)

::yes::

Thank you guys for sticking out this 2 year TR!

Hey, at least you finished it!

In other news, tomorrow is my 60 day mark for my Solo March trip!

Nice! I know you're looking forward to that. And I'll look forward to hearing about Aulani as well!

Thanks everyone for sticking around for this TR. It was rough :rotfl2:but I hate having things left incomplete. So a few things:

1) I started my Aulani TR!!! If anyone wants to join, pop on over and say hello! Am going to try and push that TR out so that I can focus on my upcoming Solo TR :teeth::teeth::teeth: and I really, really need to catch up on everyone's TR's on here, i'm so darn behind.

And 2)

IMG_9564.jpg

I'm pretty sure i've said this already, but i'll say it again. I'm so excited!

1.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!