*NEW* Wyndham Bonnet Creek Pay it Forward Bin - Please Read First Post for Details

pepperandchips

[melinda]
Help your fellow DISers and PAY IT FORWARD!!!

THIS IS A BIN YOU PICK UP AND USE DURING YOUR STAY AND RETURN AT THE END. IF YOU HAVE NO PLANS TO RETURN IT OR WON'T HAVE TIME TO RETURN IT, DO NOT SIGN UP. TOO MANY BINS ARE GOING MISSING!!!!

Please read this entire first post for specifics on how the pay it forward works:

Step #1 Check the dates below and if your time frame is available, please send me a PM (also known as a "conversation" on the upgraded boards) with your dates, real life name :) and a cell phone number to sign up for the bin. If you need instructions to send a PM/start a conversation, please read post #2 below. Bins will be assigned based on the order the PM/conversation was received. I will only use your DIS name on the post here for privacy, but would like to keep track of names and numbers in case there is a problem. *NEW STEP* Please post a message here in the thread that you have sent me a pm, so that it generates an email to me that there is a new reply. PLEASE GIVE ME 2-3 DAYS TO RESPOND TO YOU - AND PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE PEOPLE BEFORE/AFTER YOU ON THE LIST UNTIL I HAVE CONFIRMED THAT YOU ARE ASSIGNED THE BIN FOR YOUR TRAVEL DATES. In order to be eligible to use a bin you must be able to send and receive PMs - please see post #2 below and be sure that you do not change your settings regarding message privacy before your travel date.

**We will try to accommodate specific bin color request but because I try to keep the lists even and make sure that one bin doesn't sit too long it may not be possible**

If your post count is less than 10, post here to reserve a bin and then we can get the PM info once you have enough posts. See post #2, below, about sending PMs/starting conversations.

Step #2 Once you are assigned a bin, please send a PM with your name and cell phone number to the people both before and after you on the list.

Step #3 Upon check in at WBC, pick up your bin from Bell Services outside the main building.

Step #4 Enjoy the items in the bin throughout your stay. Bin contents are subject to frequent change and even if someone posts an inventory in this thread, something may be used/removed before you get the bin.

Step #5 When you are ready to leave, add any unused non-perishable items you have to the bin. DO NOT PUT OPEN ITEMS IN THE BIN!

Step #5 Attach the name and arrival date of the person who has the bin after you

Step #6 Drop off the bin back to Bell Services at the MAIN BUILDING before you leave WBC. Please do not drop off the bin at Building 6.

*Remember* the bins operate on an honor system and only exist because of the generosity of the Disers who have added to the bin before you. Please be kind and take care of the bins! Please message me if you need any help and I am glad to assist. Our many thanks to Chelley00 who cared for the bins and the thread for six years! :flower3:

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
Do not rely on bell services to pick up the bin.

If you think you might have a problem getting the bin to storage on your checkout day, take it over the night before.

Remove all old labels and make sure the bin is labeled with the first and last name as well as check in date for the next family

If you are unable to pick up the bin, for whatever reason...please let me know so that we can arrange for the next family to ask for the bin with your name on it

The best way to pick up the bin is to go directly to bell services where the storage area is and ask for it.

Please message me (Pepperandchips) when you get home if the bin needs more tape and index cards as supplies to label the bin so that I can coordinate with someone using the bin later.

2021 Bin - List updated 11.07.21

01/13 - 01/20 MOREMICKEYFORME
03/30 - 04/08 staceywj
04/16 - 04/23 cammie810
06/07 - 06/11 msfredna
06/13 - 06/21 choppee
07/31 - 08/02 Bharp0305
11/08 - 11/12 adomville2

2022 Bin - List updated 06/18/22

04/19 - 04/22 ashmishgab
06/25 - 07/03 KristinU
08/16 - 08/30 klk77
09/18 - 10/02 oscarkat
10/05 - 10/12 FireflyJar
11/30 - 12/14 TJsMomSarahJane

The blacklist:
0 1/10/14 - 01/17/14 EMHDad Last one to have bin 3 and had no contact after trip

Last edited:
Instructions to send a PM, now known as "Start a Conversation"

You will need to ensure you are logged in to the Dis and that you have at least 10 posts. If you don't have 10 posts yet, head over to this Welcome to the Dis portion of the forums and say hi, introduce yourself, or head to any part of the Dis you like and participate in conversation until you have at least 10 posts. If you can't send me a conversation (aka a PM) I can't reserve the bin for you as there will be no way for you to coordinate with those before and after you.

Click on my username which is a hyperlink and will pop up with a box with more options - the screen grabs below are from a desktop but it works the same on mobile.

PM instructions step 1.jpg

Then choose the option to "start a conversation".

PM instructions step 2.jpg

In the conversation/PM I will need your dates, real life name :) and a cell phone number to sign up for the bin. Bins will be assigned based on the order the conversation/PM was received. I will only use your DIS name on the post here for privacy, but would like to keep track of names and numbers in case there is a problem.

Please be sure to message those who are signed up before and after you to coordinate labeling the bin for the next stay!!!

Important: Please continue reading to prevent any snags in coordinating the bins:

The message board privacy settings allow you to turn off the ability to receive PMs/conversations from other board members if you choose to receive messages only from "people you follow" or "nobody". Please do not do this - if you do, the other members of this thread have no way of getting in touch with you and the bin will not be labeled with your name for you to pick up. I will post a screen grab below of the setting that your message preference needs to be set to in order to participate on this thread.

Disboards message settings.jpg

Let me know if you have any problems, I watch this thread pretty closely and am happy to help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will try to stop by the resort and start a new bin the next time I am at WDW to replace the purple bin. I may choose a color other than purple to minimize confusion. If anyone has time to look for the purple bin while you are at the resort please let me know if you are able to find it.

Last edited:

I started a new bin - hopefully ainmemphis is able to pick up both for a few days and can let us know they’re doing ok. Not much in the new bin yet but hopefully some fun items to circulate. The new bin is a very exciting... BLACK! It does have red handles so hopefully that will help distinguish it. I will be updating the list when I get back in front of a computer.

I picked up the new bin and my kids are already planning on what to leave inside when we leave. I asked about the teal bin but didn't have a current name to give them so they just said there are 2 teal bins back there and if I can give them a name they will give it to me but I don't know the actual name put on it. Any suggestions for me to try? I was never able to message staceywjan with my info and was told the name Stacey wasn't on either bin. He also took a look at the list but as it's just our forum handles wasn't much help.

I picked up the new bin and my kids are already planning on what to leave inside when we leave. I asked about the teal bin but didn't have a current name to give them so they just said there are 2 teal bins back there and if I can give them a name they will give it to me but I don't know the actual name put on it. Any suggestions for me to try? I was never able to message staceywjan with my info and was told the name Stacey wasn't on either bin. He also took a look at the list but as it's just our forum handles wasn't much help.
Eeek. That's not good. Paging @Chelley00 - Do we know what the last labelled name on the teal bin was?

Eeek. That's not good. Paging @Chelley00 - Do we know what the last labelled name on the teal bin was?

I'm surprised they need to know the name on the lid.
Nothing was that secure when I picked up the bin the last two years,
In fact, when they couldn't find it I walked back and pointed to it and they brought it out for me no questions asked.
Weird there are two teal bins all of the sudden?
Can you just ask to look inside both the teal bins to see which is the pay it forward bin?
Maybe somehow they are both pay it forward bins and one is the illusive, and magical, purple bin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I dropped off the teal bin March 30th it had Joe's (flipflopfly) name on it.
Cammi was suppose to pick it up between me and Joe and said she would put/keep Joe's name on the lid
Not sure if Joe picked it up 4/22-4/28.
Then the next two guests cancelled according to the list
If all that is correct and the next person (Stacey) picked up the bin she would only have dropped it off yesterday according to her listed dates.
Did you try contacting her again to see if she dropped it off and what name she put on the lid?

I’m scheduled for the bin in last half of August. Originally, flipflopfly has emailed me for my contact info as there wasn’t anyone else in between us. That obviously changed. I’ve emailed ainmemphis with my info, as the person in between us is “pending”, I think.

I'm surprised they need to know the name on the lid.
Nothing was that secure when I picked up the bin the last two years,
In fact, when they couldn't find it I walked back and pointed to it and they brought it out for me no questions asked.
Weird there are two teal bins all of the sudden?
Can you just ask to look inside both the teal bins to see which is the pay it forward bin?
Maybe somehow they are both pay it forward bins and one is the illusive, and magical, purple bin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I dropped off the teal bin March 30th it had Joe's (flipflopfly) name on it.
Cammi was suppose to pick it up between me and Joe and said she would put/keep Joe's name on the lid
Not sure if Joe picked it up 4/22-4/28.
Then the next two guests cancelled according to the list
If all that is correct and the next person (Stacey) picked up the bin she would only have dropped it off yesterday according to her listed dates.
Did you try contacting her again to see if she dropped it off and what name she put on the lid?
Stacey didn't have enough posts for me to pm. I tried tagging in the last thread they commented on but didn't get a response. I went late afternoon on the 10th and mentioned it should have been dropped off that day and gave my name and Stacey but the person told me there were two teal bins neither had those names and he couldn't let me look in them unless I have him the correct name. I didn't feel like fighting over it since it was just supposed to be a nice extra on the trip and I needed to interact with the staff again to drop off the new bin (which I'll need to know who will be next on that list). I can try again Saturday. our only non park day and had planned to go ahead and drop off the black bin to avoid the rush Sunday morning. So I'll ask if Joe's name is on it and update.

I’m scheduled for the bin in last half of August. Originally, flipflopfly has emailed me for my contact info as there wasn’t anyone else in between us. That obviously changed. I’ve emailed ainmemphis with my info, as the person in between us is “pending”, I think.

Can you pm your info to ainmemphis in case she has a chance to look again for the bin?
I pm'd her Joe's full name.

Sorry when replying at first I didn't see the updated list I see AJFireman is next on black bin.

Thank you everybody for being good stewards and sleuths for the bins. We have really enjoyed using them in the past and I would hate for another to go out of circulation! We were trying to hurry out of town or I probably would have asked to look for teal and purple myself. Just let us all know here if either are located.

When I went to buy a new bin they had only 3 color choices - purple, teal, or black!!! I figured buying a new purple one would just lead to confusion, plus the teal and purple options were slightly transparent. Hence the more utilitarian black option prevailed. I hope it doesn't get lost in the mix since it is a more common color.

Sorry when replying at first I didn't see the updated list I see AJFireman is next on black bin.

If you want to check if Joe name is on it but dont have time to do anything with it just let me know and I will pick it up on Wednesday and fix it as appropriate to get it back in circulation. Thanks for all our efforts

Update:. Found the teal bin!! It was there all along I just managed to encounter an employee who wouldn't release it to me earlier this week. Now it has been updated with AJFireman's info to pickup as well as the new bin I returned today. Sorry I was unable to add much to the new bin but glad to be apart of the group. Thanks for all the help this week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!