New Wifi - Any Feedback on this?

Wait...I am leaving Friday and from what I'm reading here I can leave my wireless router home??? I didn't know this. I'm staying at Kidani. Can someone please confirm that Kidani has wifi.

Yes, according to the DVC member website, all DVC resorts now have free WiFi in the rooms.

I am at OKW right now and using it. It works great. I've got my laptop, iPad and two iPhones connected with no problems at all.

Used it at the BWV from Oct. 15-29, 2 different rooms, and it worked great every time I used it. I had my router with me, but never tried to check to see if that still works. I did see it posted on the DVC website now too.

Has anyone confirmed if this is still a pilot or if it's permanent? I get the notice they were testing free wifi through Thanksgiving or just before but not that it was there to stay. At least not for free.

Also, the wireless is subject to more stringent filters than wired. My wife was trying to surf the gossip rag sites on wireless and one of them was blocked by the Disney filter. Not blocked if wired.

I'd still like to now if the wired connections are staying in place. I read something above that leads me to believe they may not be. That's bad. I have no desire to operate my work equipment at Disney on a public Wi-Fi. I'd much prefer to run my own secure Wi-Fi network on my own access point/FW but bridging wireless to wireless is much more of a challenge that wired to wireless. I can do it. I just don't want to have to drag what I'd need down there to do it with.

Wonder how we could get a firm answer to this question?

I'd still like to now if the wired connections are staying in place. I read something above that leads me to believe they may not be. That's bad. I have no desire to operate my work equipment at Disney on a public Wi-Fi. I'd much prefer to run my own secure Wi-Fi network on my own access point/FW but bridging wireless to wireless is much more of a challenge that wired to wireless. I can do it. I just don't want to have to drag what I'd need down there to do it with.

Have you tried emailing Member Satisfaction? If you do, you'll probably need to ask very specific questions.

We had it in our treehouse this past weekend. What is not available is wifi in the checkin building at SSR.

I was there the first week at BWV and ours seemed to be ok but ended up using DH's phone tether as it seemed to work better. I found at night it seemed to be a bit slower but it could have been cause it was the first week.

I tried it at THV and didn't have much success so stuck with hardwire internet connection when DH used his bandwidth :).

I think it probably depends on how close you are to hot spot just like any hotel with wifi.

We had it in our treehouse this past weekend. What is not available is wifi in the checkin building at SSR.
We were in 7023 last week. When we could see it, there was barely one bar. Most of the week we couldn't see it. We just used the wired connection and the router we keep in our Owner's Locker.

I am at OKW right now and using it. It works great. I've got my laptop, iPad and two iPhones connected with no problems at all.

woohoo great we will be checking in there in 2 wks with laptops and 4 iphones. Do you have to enter a login or anything to connect.

woohoo great we will be checking in there in 2 wks with laptops and 4 iphones. Do you have to enter a login or anything to connect.
We were at OKW from Oct 16- November 29and used wi-fi frequently. Between our whole group, we had 4 iPhones, 1 iPod touch and a MacBook Pro. The wi-fi worked well on all of them (sometimes all at the same time).

You just open your browser and a WDW page loads. It had a list of items that you had to click you agreed to. Basically said you would not use the free wi-fi to do anything illegal and that you understood that it might be possible to get to harmful websites and would not blame WDW if you did.

hi
so it sounds like it is available at the tree house villas but could be a weak signal??
Is a hard wired option still there in a tree house villa?

Thanks

I imagine as long as the wired equipment continues to function they will keep it in place, but as the wired systems degrade and become a problem there is no reason to spend money to maintain them... Wireless is a much cheaper infrastructure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter