New washer and dryer

Went to Home Depot today to order my new washer (and matching dryer) and they won't delivery inside because of COVID. I totally understand this but UGH! I have NO WAY to get it inside. So now I have to wait for who knows how long until they can/will delivery inside.

I'm so sorry to hear this. We bought ours at a independent dealer and they delivered inside,set it up, and hauled away the old. Plus, they were a better price than Home Depot, Menards, and Lowes. Could you possibly check into other dealers and cancel your order?

I'm so sorry to hear this. We bought ours at a independent dealer and they delivered inside,set it up, and hauled away the old. Plus, they were a better price than Home Depot, Menards, and Lowes. Could you possibly check into other dealers and cancel your order?
We don't have many options in my area, one of the draw back to living in a small rural area. My options were Home Depot, Sears Home Store (slightly more expensive) and one independent local dealer (nearly $300 more).

Height was a big consideration for us. My family is short so some of the giant top loaders are really difficult for us to use.... and if I expect my kids to be able to help us with laundry (even switching loads) that is at least a few years down the line (they are 7 and 9). With the front loaders I don't have to worry about being unable to reach things at the bottom of the tub AND my kids can participate.

The other side of this is that the openings for the front loaders are low, so if you are even a little tall you will want pedestals or to otherwise elevate the machines. I'm 5'4" and we didn't get the pedestals at first, but switching out big loads with all the bending and reaching gets my back. We are now building a pedestal that will be built in to our laundry room.

We have a Speed Queen set. They are commercial grade and made in the USA. Mine is a top load but they make front load models as well. I love it. It's been probably 5 years so I can't say for now but back then you had to find an authorized dealer which was an appliance store. Best Buy, Home Depot, & Lowe's didn't carry them.

We were looking at a speed queen last fall. My husband did some research and looked at reviews and sadly in the last ~2 years speed queens aren’t made like they had been (yours most likely) and the 2019s people complained about dirty laundry, etc... We were willing to pay the extra to get one.

Short girl consideration:
Haven't seen it mentioned but consider the users height when you are buying a washer, and strength I guess. I like top loaders and the giant Whirlpool set we got are great for our needs when we are all in one place (4 adults) plus it easily manages a King Comforter set. The thing is that when the washer dries it spins things so tight that towels and such sort of get intertwined on the bottom. I'm 5'1" so getting things like towels out can be tough as it requires a herculean amount of strength to just tug it out so I need to actually detangle to pull with what I consider normal effort. THEN to get the stuff on the bottom like socks, means I am tippy toeing into the bottom to the point that I actually end up off my feet into the machine if a sock is furthest away. My family finds this endlessly amusing, I'm OK with it but think I should probably get a stool in there & a smaller one next time LOL

My husband just watches me on my tippy toes, I am 5’2-3”, trying to get out that lonely sock. I think that is why he does most of the laundry and I fold and put it away to tell my kids to come and get their piles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!