• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New version of Space mountain at Disneyland resort paris

The french Disneyan

Thierry the French Disneyan
A new version of space mountain will be open on april aat our french resort the new title is Space mountain mission 2 (new music,new decorationinside the mountain) and a new departure system(the old system catapult the shuttle from the middle of the cannon but the new system catapult the shuttle fron the base of the canon)great new effect in perspectives :wave:

I can't wait to see this. Hope it does open on time, because we're going to be there first week in May (just booked today)!

31548539_small.jpg

space-mountain-mission-2.gif
:wave:

Wow! I didn't even know the were remodling the ride! Where could I find more info on it?

I loved that ride! I'm sure the new ride will be just as wonderful! :flower1:

in the new version you are catapulted from the base of the cannon(in the old version yo're catapulted from the middle of the cannon)and in the new version you have more new visual decors(in the old your travel is specialy in black atmosphere)and new version is new music for the ride written by the musical creator of the incredibles movie. :wave:

Not a great fan of coaster rides myself, but this is good for DLRP :)

Hopefully it will bring many visitors.

Reid

As reprted 'The french Disneyan' the composer of the new soundtrack for SM Mission II might be Michael Giacchino, the man who made the score of The Incredibles, and also the US TV serie Alias... (source 'Disney Central Plaza')
Picture here : http://www.michaelgiacchino.com/mgbio.html

Today was the very last trip from the earth to the moon... :(

OT: hi everyone, I'm new!

HI All,
Just got back and saw this post first, so I'm responding. Steve - I believe the date for the new SM is next September, so if you are going in May 2005 you will miss it this time...

My daughter and I attended the special good-bye event for fans of Space Mountain, on the last day it was in operation. (THis past Saturday night and Sunday). The event was long and in French so we were a bit bored... but the coolest was being in the park after midnight - FREEZING, but happy since the DiscoveryLand music was still piped and it was just so neat wandering around in the deserted but lit and musical park at night!

Anyway, about SM - there were about 200 people in attendance, and we all received a commemorative patch allowing us unlimited rides with no wait on SM on its historical last day, and some of the original "Imagineers" who worked on the ride when it opened in 1995 were there for questions and answers. Though I was a bit bored, I was excited at the same time, if that makes any sense!

More when I get my trip report up!
:flower1:

jodyb said:
HI All,
Just got back and saw this post first, so I'm responding. Steve - I believe the date for the new SM is next September, so if you are going in May 2005 you will miss it this time...
Space Mountain : Mission II will open in april 9, 2005. :D

Jody, what a fantastic event to have experienced! You have been part of Disney history!

It's a shame they didn't do the Space Mountain event in English as well as French as there must have been many people there who speak English or at least understand it better than French. Looking forward to your trip report Jody.

Welcome to the boards PeterPan1!

Rhiannon :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter