New to parks, where to eat at Animal Kingdom?

Satuli Canteen is my number 1 pick hands down. I was just telling my kids about this restaurant last night. I can't say enough about those bowls. Yum!

We love the ahi tuna nachos and pineapple cream cheese wontons for dessert at Yak & Yeti. We also thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Tiffins, both food and service were spot on.

Marketplace was our go to after it opened from flametree. Once the canteen in pandora opened we dumped the marketplace like a bad habit. We really really like it there.

Oh and that wacky colored frozen drink for adults outside is awesome!

At least I think it is. Lol

Those above 3 are good though.

We haven’t tried tiffins yet cause our kids would prob struggle but I always thought the menu looked awesome. Was very different. Reminded me of jiko’s which is one of our favorite places on property. That’s an idea even. Jump in a bus over to the lodge. Eat come back. It’s like a 2 minute ride and the buses are always there.

Satuli Canteen is my number 1 pick hands down. I was just telling my kids about this restaurant last night. I can't say enough about those bowls. Yum!
I second this and all other Satuli Canteen comments. Best place in AK in my opinion. I also like the option to do mobile ordering.

I know I'm going to definitely going to try Satuli Canteen next trip because of how awesome people say it is- so that's probably a good place to try for QS. However, Yak and Yeti is awesome for quick service as well- it's where we went every single time before Pandora opened.
Yak and Yeti is one of my favorites for table service. That mango pie with the raspberry sauce is to die for and now they have similar sorbets as well.

Last edited:
We had a really great TS meal at Yak & Yeti about two weeks ago. It had always been low on my list to try, but after some insistence from DH, we finally tried it and I was pleasantly surprised. Tusker House has always been my go to, but it can be crazy there.

Flame Tree BBQ is our favorite QS.

I totally agree. Satuli Canteen is my fave QS on property. It truly is the most delicious, fresh, and healthiest option out there. The bowls are outstanding. I love the chicken potato hash (its a mix of regular and sweet potato) with herb dressing. So good!

I agree - I could eat at Satu'li Canteen every day, and the chicken bowl with potato hash and creamy herb dressing is my favorite combo as well!

We ate at Yak and Yeti last week and it was wonderful! Also the breakfast at Rainforest in AK is very good. I especially love the egg white omelette.

For QS, if you know your way around a smoked spare, Flame Tree is a really decent value. Their ribs are not the best ribs on the planet or anything, but for QS, at WDW, they are pretty darned good, and not crazy overpriced.

Pro tip: Ask what the price is for the ribs only, the slaw and beans are garbage. Get a side of onion rings instead. I forgot to ask them about this last time, but if it was a decent amount less to get ribs only, I'd do it. Those onion rings are a hidden gem.

Really depends what you like.
Satu'Li Canteen is one of our favorite QS places. More of a healthy style of food. Flametree BBQ is also really good. Not as healthy, big portions. The 2 of us can share 1 entree.
Tiffins - while I don't like the menu as well as it used to be, it still is really good and our favorite place at AK.
Nomad lounge - favorite place for an afternoon drink. Beautiful location outside by the river.

I agree with those that are mentioned here (we love Tusker, Satu’li, and Flame Tree) but also wanted to add that a lot of the kiosks have great food too at AK like the pulled pork Mac and cheese or the egg rolls/fried rice at the yak and yeti window. Those are great if you are looking for something quick. Also AKL is close by so a trip over there to check out the resort and eat at Jiko, Boma, or Sanaa would be another option as they all have great reviews.

Flame Tree BBQ for a Quick service . Very good. Just watch the birds do not eat your food on the table

We love Yak and Yeti. Try the Malaysian Seafood Curry. Awesome. Also be sure to be seated upstairs on a window. Very chill compared to the chaos downstairs.

So many good places there now. For many years the only place to have a table service meal at Animal Kingdom was the Rainforest Cafe right at the entrance.
Oh. Wasn't Tusker House a table service restaurant until around when Yak & Yeti opened (and technically still is, given that buffets are in the DDP TS category?)?

Well, I made it to the canteen this trip (see my PP in this thread). I mobile ordered chicken but was given beef (didn't bat an eye & didn't realize it was wrong til hours later my DH, who wasn't on the trip with me, asked how my chicken bowl was, ha, we share an account on the app). I REALLY like the fact you get to eat on real dishes with real silverware, this is a CS game changer at Disney. I think everyone enjoys refill drink stations too. I also easily found a seat with a plug below it & charged my phone while I ate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter