New to Free Dining So Please Humor Me...

MEM

DIS Veteran
I have been researching these boards to try and understand the Dining Plan but I still have some questions.

I will soon be booking a package with free dining for August 22-29th. I will have DH and 3 children ages 11, 11, and 10 with me. Does that mean we will get all adult credits? I understand that for the purposes of dining (and admissions) Disney considers children to be ages 3-9. Just wanted to make sure that at 10 and 11 years of age, they can order adult meals.

Also, is everything carded onto my room key or does each person have their allotment on their own keys?

Finally, and this is a statement, not a question, people have been posting that you can get the one day base ticket without an expiration date. The Disney travel site says that the non-expiring one day ticket is not available.

Yes all of your children will be given the adult meal plan. Your reservation will say adult and children but this is only because they are still considered children for the hotel room. The credits are all pooled into one account and I believe it is connected to all cards. It wouldn't matter while card you used the credit would be taken off all of them.

MEM said:
I have been researching these boards to try and understand the Dining Plan but I still have some questions.

I will soon be booking a package with free dining for August 22-29th. I will have DH and 3 children ages 11, 11, and 10 with me. Does that mean we will get all adult credits? I understand that for the purposes of dining (and admissions) Disney considers children to be ages 3-9. Just wanted to make sure that at 10 and 11 years of age, they can order adult meals.

Also, is everything carded onto my room key or does each person have their allotment on their own keys?

Finally, and this is a statement, not a question, people have been posting that you can get the one day base ticket without an expiration date. The Disney travel site says that the non-expiring one day ticket is not available.

Yes, your children will be able to order adult meals. Each card can access your pool of credits (credits are not divided amongst cards.)

Disney tickets expire after 14 days of first use (unless the no expire option is purchased) Obviously, since a one-day ticket is no longer valid after it has been used - a one-day no expire does not exist. However, it is good until you use it so technically it comes with the no expire option!

goofymom23 said:
Yes all of your children will be given the adult meal plan. Your reservation will say adult and children but this is only because they are still considered children for the hotel room. The credits are all pooled into one account and I believe it is connected to all cards. It wouldn't matter while card you used the credit would be taken off all of them.

You read my mind - the reservation does call them "children". Thanks for clearing things up!

HayGan said:
Yes, your children will be able to order adult meals. Each card can access your pool of credits (credits are not divided amongst cards.)

Disney tickets expire after 14 days of first use (unless the no expire option is purchased) Obviously, since a one-day ticket is no longer valid after it has been used - a one-day no expire does not exist. However, it is good until you use it so technically it comes with the no expire option!

Okay, I was reading it differently - that it expired after a certain point, like the old length of stay tickets and that I *had* to use it during the trip or lose it. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter