New to DVC and have question??

babesboo99

Veteren Disney Vacationer
We recently closed on our DVC purchase back in December and are planning on making our first reservation as DVC members. My question is when we make our reservation online can we add the dining plan or does that have to be made over the phone? Also since we are members now will it show up on our members page or MDE? We rented pts before and it never showed up on our MDE I was just wondering if its different when your members. Not sure if this is the right place to post

One used to be able to book the dining plan online, and this may start working again some day. Recent reports show the functionality to be gone or broken.

Your reservation will show up automatically in MDE if you use the same account to book it. If not, you just need to use the reservation confirmation number in the MDE account where you want it to show up.

DVC reservations do not show up automatically on MDE whether you use the same login or not. I have a single l login for all my Disney accounts (Disney's recommendation, btw). I have never had a DVC reservation show up automatically. The always have to be added manually. I've even had MS tell me on a couple of occasions where a waitlist matched, that I had to add it manually.

And while I don't do the dining plans, the option to add it has always been available for every reservation I've had in the past 4 years - including the ones I currently have for this October/November. If you look at the trip plan details, the option is there.

Steve

And while I don't do the dining plans, the option to add it has always been available for every reservation I've had in the past 4 years - including the ones I currently have for this October/November. If you look at the trip plan details, the option is there.

Steve
Unfortunately, this has not been the case for the last couple of weeks. I hope it’s just a glitch, as I’m planning for next year. This year we’re doing OOP.

Your reservation will show up automatically in MDE if you use the same account to book it. If not, you just need to use the reservation confirmation number in the MDE account where you want it to show up.

This didn't happen for me. It was easy to copy and paste the reservation number, but it caught me off guard that it hadn't happened automatically when I went to book ADRs at 6 months out.

Also since we are members now will it show up on our members page or MDE? We rented pts before and it never showed up on our MDE

FYI you could have entered your reservation number for the rental into your MDE.

Your reservation will show up automatically in MDE if you use the same account to book it.

Not always. Sometimes. If it doesn’t show up, enter the #.

FYI you could have entered your reservation number for the rental into your MDE.

My reservation was on my MDE. The dining plan doesnt show or didn't show

Mine always show up but maybe that’s because a couple years ago I had to get Disney IT to link all my DVC Member Numbers together and then link to MDE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter