New to Disneyworld

taylorstimac

Earning My Ears
This is my first vist to these here forums as it will also be my first trip to Disneyworld. :earsgirl:

We've decided to honeymoon there. Has anyone else ever done that? I've heard that they treat you special when you tell them you're on your honemoon :bride:

OH....we're staying in the Port Orleans River Side Resort...hopefully in the Acadian House. Can any one let me know as much info as possible? The trip is set for April 16th.

One last thing....how can I get a countdown to when our trip is on my posts? :hourglass

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from everyone!!

:wave2:

Hi and Welcome to the DIS:wave:

I got married and honeymooned in WDW we had a lovely time and wore the Mickey
and Minnie bridal ears - we had lots of congratulations from CM and guests.

Look on the thread Useful Info for Newbies on this forum and you will be able to find instructions to get a countdown :)

Welcome aboard. I would've loved to have my honeymoon in Disney. You will enjoy your first trip to Disney.

My DH and I honeymooned in WDW in September of '03. It was awesome. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge concierge. Unfortunately, we didn't use a travel agent who specialized in WDW, so we didn't really reap the benefits of all of the things you can do for your honeymoon. We are going back in September '05 for our 2nd anniversary. Got some great recommendations for some things to do. We are going to take the Illuminations Cruise in Epcot. It sounds wonderful. You can get champagn and strawberries (at an extra cost of course), cheese and crackers, etc.

Make sure you check out the discussion board for Honeymoons and Weddings.

Enjoy the planning and congratulations!!!! :Pinkbounc

WELCOME TO THE DIS! Check out our wedding and honeymoon board, its very helpful. Lucky yo to honeymoon at my fav place :banana:

My DH and I had our honeymoon at WDW in 1999, and we stayed at the Boardwalk. It was awesome! We bought the bridal mouse ears, and had lots of congratulations from everyone. You can also get really cute just married Christmas ornaments at DTD that you can have personalized (other shops too, I'm sure). It was really magical!
We really enjoyed Epcot,(wined and dined all over the world!), slept in, and just enjoyed our surroundings. I thought it was the best!
Have a great time!

We just honeymooned there this past Oct. We also stayed at the Boardwalk, had an awesome time :)

As for people getting special treatment on their honeymoon, don't expect it or you may be let down. We received a balloon and a signed picture from Alladin and Jasmine but that was all. (loved it :) )

Have a great time.

Welcome aboard!

From one newbie to another, have a special honeymoon! The counter looks good! Did not get celebrate honeymoon there, but I did propose to my wife at WDW and we will spend our tenth anniversary with Disney Cruise Lines!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter