New to Disney points scheme

Smitalan

Earning My Ears
Hi
We are a young family of 5.
2 adults, 3 kids ages 6, 4 & 2 living in Brisbane Australia.

We managed to visit Disney California (7 nights) and also Disney Hong Kong (3nights) this year and plan on visiting at least once a year from now on for next few years (already have 5 nights booked in Paris in June) at least whilst kids are young. We all absolutely loved Disney and I’ve been reading about the vacation club and whether it’s worth it really? Especially living in Australia. After this trip to Disney Paris in June I think majority of Disney stays will be California, Florida and possibly Hawaii.
I suppose I’m posting to gather more information about it all really. Our holiday times/dates will be based around Australian school holidays as well the main holidays such as Easter, Halloween and Christmas. Looking at 1-2 weeks up to twice a year?
What do you think?
Any help/advice would be great! Thanks

Alan

Say if you visit California 5+, Hawaii 2-3, Florida 1-3 over the next 10years then buy Grand California otherwise rent DVC and visit Walt Disney world and see if you want to buy 1 of those resorts as your home.

Would you buy the maximum DVC points for this? I’ll keep reading about how it all works but from a cost point of view what would be the most effective?

Hi, I don’t have any answers to your questions, but I did want to point you to the “Disney Vacation Club” section of this forum, specifically to the “Purchasing DVC” section. I’ve been consuming information and found the posters to be a great resource. As well as being straightforward with their advice. Hope this helps.

We're a DVC family and have been for around 12 years? We've really enjoyed it but I've also kind of regretted it. We've done so many expensive Disney vacations instead of going some other places I wish we'd taken our kids too. We knew that would probably happen going into it, but now that we've gone so many times, it's finally sinking in. Our daughters are 18 and there are so many places we haven't taken them! We're at a stage now of trying to decide what to do with our points. I will be heading to the DVC board soon to get some advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!