New to DIS Boards & DVC

David LaMarco

Brand new DVC Member. Here to learn!
A new member of the Boards and a new member of the DVC family. Just wanted to say hello. Purchased points at Copper Creek this past December and will be headed back down at the end of July....Yes, I know it is going to be hot! Looking forward to my first DVC stay. Any tips or tricks for a brand new DVC member for things I would now have access to or should try out would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your reply...I actually found those videos before I found the board...Apparently, I do everything in reverse order. Pete and Jackie have become my DVC Sherpas. I've also been a devotee of the DIS Unplugged videos and I watched their series on moving to Florida and came within an inch of moving down to the Magic...Still may happen.

Welcome and Congratulations on your DVC. My husband and I keep going back and forth on if/when we want to do it. I look forward to seeing your posts.

Joined Copper Creek as well last year! Still awaiting our first visit though

Welcome! We've been members for 17 years, so I don't remember a lot. However, I do remember that we were somewhat concerned over the lack of daily housekeeping, but quickly learned to love it. Made things feel more "homey". After all, no one comes into my house when I'm gone and makes my bed.

Hi everyone! I’ve been reading the boards for a couple of months to the point that I feel like a DVC scholar at the level of an undergrad student, compared to all you experts. Thanks for all the posts. I’m curious how you edit your “signature” with a cool photo and a history of all your prior Disney visits. Does that option open up after you have been participating for a while, or am I just not finding the right place?

Remember to bring laundry detergent (pods if flying). A 1 BR and larger has WD and with a studio you can use the laundry room for free and pack half the clothes! :tink: We sometimes take the boat from MK over to Ft Wilderness. You can watch MK fireworks from the beach and they even pipe in the music. There is a nice small playground near the dock and a general store.

Remember that you will own your DVC resort for many, many years and you don't have to do it all on the first trip. Enjoy the resort, enjoy the theme parks and have fun.

:welcome: Home and Much pixiedust:

Remember you will be coming back, so you do not have to do everything every trip. You will find over time that you can relax more, knowing that you will be coming back. Take advantage of the things to do outside the parks:
Depending upon what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DS (DTD), area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DS (DTD) 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!