New to DAS system

I see what your saying. You would do the switch at the boarding area.

I still think it is ridiculous that the CM put a screaming child in the preshow area (and the rooms are small in the FOP preshow), they should use some common sense - I'm sure gap and the rest of the riders were less than thrilled with the situation.
I felt really bad for the little one that is for sure, the mom felt bad for me ( I was wearing my noise canceling headphone) I told the mom her child was not bothering me that at that time I needed the presser more than anything a CM did let the mom and little one out between the two rooms where the mom was waiting at the end of the ride and was able to ride little girl was sitting on the bench still sobbing and a manager was sitting with them. I agree a few people that want to cheat the system should have to see what can happen when someone really does have a reason.

I see what your saying. You would do the switch at the boarding area.

I still think it is ridiculous that the CM put a screaming child in the preshow area (and the rooms are small in the FOP preshow), they should use some common sense - I'm sure gap and the rest of the riders were less than thrilled with the situation.

Um, that's the parent's responsibility - the parent should have used some common sense and taken the kid out of the queue and just dealt with not riding at that point. What's more important, riding an attraction or your own kid?

Um, that's the parent's responsibility - the parent should have used some common sense and taken the kid out of the queue and just dealt with not riding at that point. What's more important, riding an attraction or your own kid?
The child really was not that bad in line I was in the single line in the load area they were next to me in the none single line. The little girl had the same Pooh stuff that I have and she was petting it like I do when I need to climb my self down ( it is very soft) it was not until she got in the preshow room it went down hill and I mean fast. You could tell she was scared in line but her mom (I am guess that is who it was talking to her and she did seem calm enough that I would have brought her in line

The child really was not that bad in line I was in the single line in the load area they were next to me in the none single line. The little girl had the same Pooh stuff that I have and she was petting it like I do when I need to climb my self down ( it is very soft) it was not until she got in the preshow room it went down hill and I mean fast. You could tell she was scared in line but her mom (I am guess that is who it was talking to her and she did seem calm enough that I would have brought her in line

I have seen CM that are very understanding of kids that are tall enough but too scared to ride and then I have seen them give a farm no on rider swap. I was in line for FOP when this little one eas scared other guests were begging the CM to give the family a rider swap pass she was so scared to go in the pre-show room all she did was scream and when I say scream I mean scream her mom was trying her best to tell her she was not going to ride. I do get why they only let kids under the hight to skip it, but when a child is so scared even after they expand to her she is not going to ride and they are so scared a CM comes in the room to see what was going on there is something wrong with that.

OP if your son is tall enough to ride I would not plane on getting a DAS return time.

So now you've totally confused me - was it bad or not?

And I still disagree with camper06 - it is the parent's job to deal with this, not the CM.

So now you've totally confused me - was it bad or not?

And I still disagree with camper06 - it is the parent's job to deal with this, not the CM.
It was bad when we got in the room. None of us have the whole story I was not there when they enter the line I just heard the mom say now you are not going on the ride I am going to wsitnwith you while they go on then I will go on while they wait with you ( not word for word) I have no idea if this was the family once and only trip if this child had a disability or what not. I know when I was about 5 I rode spaceship earth for the first time I rode in one car with my brother and my parents rode right behind us when we got to the point where the cars went back wards I flipped out I was so scared it was going to go back ward fast my brain at the time could not prosses all the cars a linked together so it can not go any faster then the ride has been going. My dad grabbed me quicker then you could blink an eye. He had no idea there would be a problem with this ride. So my point is this child got very scared saying she did not want to ride I cold tell out side the preshow room she was scared but at that time it did not look that bad once inside and about 3 seconds into the move all you know what broke lose she she lost it but none of us know what was going on in her mind st the time

It was bad when we got in the room. None of us have the whole story I was not there when they enter the line I just heard the mom say now you are not going on the ride I am going to wsitnwith you while they go on then I will go on while they wait with you ( not word for word) I have no idea if this was the family once and only trip if this child had a disability or what not. I know when I was about 5 I rode spaceship earth for the first time I rode in one car with my brother and my parents rode right behind us when we got to the point where the cars went back wards I flipped out I was so scared it was going to go back ward fast my brain at the time could not prosses all the cars a linked together so it can not go any faster then the ride has been going. My dad grabbed me quicker then you could blink an eye. He had no idea there would be a problem with this ride. So my point is this child got very scared saying she did not want to ride I cold tell out side the preshow room she was scared but at that time it did not look that bad once inside and about 3 seconds into the move all you know what broke lose she she lost it but none of us know what was going on in her mind st the time

From what I can decipher, are you saying you got out of the vehicle on spaceship earth when it was going backwards? And your father got out also, and grabbed you? What happened next?

From what I can decipher, are you saying you got out of the vehicle on spaceship earth when it was going backwards? And your father got out also, and grabbed you? What happened next?
no, he riched over the set and grabbed me when I started to yell again you have things wrong so please stop

Back on topic, please, folks. OP’s question was about DAS and Rider Swap. Other discussions will be deleted.

I'm thinking I want to bring his stroller even though he hasn't used it in about a year. Like you said, it'll serve the purpose for resting & de-escalating if needed. Eating is another issue, he only eats certain things. Sometimes we'll order what he says he wants and then he won't eat at all. I guess we'll have to see how it plays out.

Don't forget you can ask for a wheelchair tag for your stroller so that you can take it in places it might not otherwise be allowed. We only used it that way a few times but it was great For example, we were so glad we were able to take it into Character Spot. Even in the Fast Pass line it can go slowly, and that area is *so* narrow and echoey in spots. DS just pulled the stroller shade down and cocooned. We had no intention on taking it for our short trip in a few weeks (he's 5, no stroller for ages), but changed our minds when we remembered how helpful it was to him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!