new to cruising and have questions

PrincesCJM

DIS Veteran
I'm new to cruising and I am "this close" to booking a cruise on Royal Caribbean out of Baltimore on the Grandeur of the Seas.
1) Anyone every sailed out of Baltimore?
2) Do they add more excursions later (we'd like to get to Kennedy Space Center during the Port Canaveral stop)?
3) I'm looking to book 2 ocean view rooms. Do I have a better chance of connecting rooms if I call to book?
4) It is possible to book a room with a pullman even though it'll be two of us in the room? My son will be "in the room" with my mom but would like a backup incase he wants to stay with us.

I think that's all my questions for now. THANKS!

1) I have sailed out of the Port of Baltimore on the Grandeur, but it was a long time ago. Where the ship docked was surrounded by cargo ships. They parked cars right on the open dock, and then put a temporary fence around the cars. Other than that, the area was fine and the process was smooth.

2) I do not know how much time you have in Canaveral, but have you thought about renting a car and going to the space center on your own?

3 & 4) The early you book, the better the chance you have to get the rooms you want. If you look at a ship map on the RCCL website. You can see which rooms have a pullman and which ones connect.

Have you thought about using a TA (No, I am not a TA)? They can really help with all these questions.

Thank you. I do plan to talk to a TA. Every time I look on RCCL's website, it won't allow me to select a room with a pullman. I think it's because we would technically have 2 people in the room. I'd just like to know I have a backup plan incase my son decided he didn't want to stay with his grandmother.

Sometimes they won't let you select the room with the Pullman if you don't technically have a person occupying that bed. I would call and explain the situation and see if they can't assist you over the phone.

They typically don't add excursions - at least not in my experience. You could do this on your own though. You don't have to book any excursions through the ship if you don't want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter