New to camping, some questions

Thanks everyone. We will definitely be using the tent at least one more time this year for a girls club outing.

I'll look more into an instant tent. We actually have one already but it's just kids size. Both of my kids could sleep in it but no one all 4 of us could
Does the pool have towels or do we need to bring beach towels?

You need to bring your own towels.

This is the tent we currently own. I give it two thumbs up for Florida, or warm weather camping. It's specifically made to keep you cool, and does a good job of it. Because the rain fly sits about 12"-18" above the top of the tent, you never get that muggy feeling in the morning. It sets up in minutes, and comes down just as quickly. Very roomy, and have camped through storms with no issues.

Have a great time and hope your family ends up loving camping! It's a big part of our family's life and can't imagine life without it.

You need to bring your own towels.

This is the tent we currently own. I give it two thumbs up for Florida, or warm weather camping. It's specifically made to keep you cool, and does a good job of it. Because the rain fly sits about 12"-18" above the top of the tent, you never get that muggy feeling in the morning. It sets up in minutes, and comes down just as quickly. Very roomy, and have camped through storms with no issues.

Have a great time and hope your family ends up loving camping! It's a big part of our family's life and can't imagine life without it.
Thanks. I just bought an Ozark similar to your tent from Walmart. Maybe I'll exchange it. I didn't see your tent at the store earlier but could order it. How big is it when it's folded in the bag? The one I just got is almost too big for our trunk!

Thanks. I just bought an Ozark similar to your tent from Walmart. Maybe I'll exchange it. I didn't see your tent at the store earlier but could order it. How big is it when it's folded in the bag? The one I just got is almost too big for our trunk!

It's pretty darn big, and really heavy. Sorry that I can't be any more specific than that. It does go back into the bag easily, unlike most tents we've owned. The Walmart website may have dimensions for the rolling carry bag listed.

It's a great tent. The ceilings are so high that we use the handle end of our broom to push the hubs into place.

The current price on it is REALLY good. We paid almost $300, but got it in a package deal with two queen air mattresses and I think 4 camping chairs. Even so, this is a much better price than we got. No regrets, though. It's the only tent I've ever been able to camp in the summer, in Florida, in.

The second photo is my "bedrooom" which is basically 1/3 of the tent. It has a queen sized air mattress and a Thetford toilet at the foot of the bed, that is barely visible. I would say it's maybe 3' at from the foot of the bed to the wall.

jyfq9LK.jpg

X0e0pQO.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!