New to booking universal resort and cancellation policy

Llama mama

DIS Veteran
I have never booked a Universal resort room or package before. I am getting really confused. I am thinking of booking room only club level atRoyal Pacific or Portifino Bay . Payment in full is due at booking and its refundable even without insurance at 45 days correct? I am booking 8 nights so it’s pretty pricey. Also is there a benefit to booking as a package with the tickets included? Sam’s Club looks pretty cheap for tickets but they don’t sell the unlimited stay ticket.
any advice appreciated. Thanks

If you book a package, yes it has the policy of payment by a specific date

I book room only and pay a one night deposit.
I pay the remainder of the room costs when I check into the hotel

If you book a package, yes it has the policy of payment by a specific date

I book room only and pay a one night deposit.
I pay the remainder of the room costs when I check into the hotel
Is it better to book directly through the Lowe’s website or via the Universal Studios page? I am getting all different pricing . Seeing if tickets via another source is cheaper or just booking the package through the Universal Studios website . So confusing which would be best .

I always call to book my room
I find it easier to make my requests known and listed on my reservation

Is it better to book directly through the Lowe’s website or via the Universal Studios page? I am getting all different pricing . Seeing if tickets via another source is cheaper or just booking the package through the Universal Studios website . So confusing which would be best .

You can book a room only through any site you wish, and you'll just be subject to whatever that site's payment and room cancellation policy is.

If you book through Loews site, or through Universal's site, you can book a room only, and they charge you one night's room fee up front, you can cancel without penalty up to 5 days (I believe) before your trip. If you book the hotel through another site like hotels.com or Expedia or whatever, they might charge the whole amount now, but they typically will also allow you to cancel without penalty up to a week before your trip.

Then you can order tickets separately through Universal's site, or many will buy them from Undercovertoursit.com or some other site that has discounts/promotions running.

This is how most on here do it because it either works out the same or cheaper than booking a package, but it has less restrictions or no cancellation fees as opposed to packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter