New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guestimating $100 or more extra per person during certain times of year. I'm just preparing myself.

Airlines do it (increase for more popular travel dates), now Disney. At the time we booked our "Jersey Week" we thought flying out of NY would be cheaper, which it was, but what is ordinarily a $800 max flight for the 3 of us, cost us well over $1600. *sigh*

I wonder if they'll find a way to make APs date-related. It seems that if one person uses all his AP days on the most expensive days, while someone else only goes during the "cheapest" times, that first person's AP is "worth" more. So maybe Disney will decide that an AP entitles the bearer to only a certain number of admissions at whatever it considers most expensive times? Pure speculation-I really don't know. Frankly, I'd hope that Disney will continue to have one flat fee for APs, and continue to have them good any time.

I wonder if they'll find a way to make APs date-related. It seems that if one person uses all his AP days on the most expensive days, while someone else only goes during the "cheapest" times, that first person's AP is "worth" more. So maybe Disney will decide that an AP entitles the bearer to only a certain number of admissions at whatever it considers most expensive times? Pure speculation-I really don't know. Frankly, I'd hope that Disney will continue to have one flat fee for APs, and continue to have them good any time.
I doubt that will happen with APs but I could see them going to a park specific blockout calendar like the Disneyland APs are going to in June.

Airlines do it (increase for more popular travel dates), now Disney. At the time we booked our "Jersey Week" we thought flying out of NY would be cheaper, which it was, but what is ordinarily a $800 max flight for the 3 of us, cost us well over $1600. *sigh*

Don't get me started on Jersey Week flights!! LOL

I usually pay less than $200 RT for our flights from PHL to MCO. I'm lucky I got them for $350 each. Right now those same flights are almost 1K a person.

This is just like airline pricing....

Well, we'll see what happens. If it hurts them in the pocket book, they'll start handing out discounts that might balance things out.

I doubt it'll hurt them because like me, DD is addicted to Disney and unfortunately is also at the age where traveling outside a school holiday or school time off has become impossible without subjecting her to an insane amount of school work upon her return. So we'll still go and just deal with the increased cost. =(

I was also eyeing the Canadian resident deal but holding off while we finalized plans a bit to decide if we need hoppers, how many days we’re doing, etc.

We are currently scheduled to arrive in a stretch that is “value season” for one day tickets, but I can’t imagine that even those prices are going to be lower than the Canadian deal on now. Guess I should step up my planning so I can make my purchase in the next few weeks!

I doubt it'll hurt them because like me, DD is addicted to Disney and unfortunately is also at the age where traveling outside a school holiday or school time off has become impossible without subjecting her to an insane amount of school work upon her return. So we'll still go and just deal with the increased cost. =(

My kids love Disney but we've done some all inclusive trips that they LOVED. They love leaving the country and exploring new places. They also like seeing places in the US. We have NYC planned for their birthday (only 90 minute drive) and they want to do Chicago, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, etc.

Don't get me started on Jersey Week flights!! LOL

I usually pay less than $200 RT for our flights from PHL to MCO. I'm lucky I got them for $350 each. Right now those same flights are almost 1K a person.

What airline if you dont mind me asking?? PHL was way too far for us to travel before and after a vacation. I'm surprised DH even agreed to fly out of LGA, but that's a different story and likely a regret I'm going to have as well.

I will also be interested to see, with this new system and probable exorbitant prices during Christmas, how the price of the AP will compare.

I currently just have one AP for me and the rest get regular tickets because it's most cost effective.

It may be that APs for everyone become more cost effective if we choose to continue to go to Disney.

What airline if you dont mind me asking?? PHL was way too far for us to travel before and after a vacation. I'm surprised DH even agreed to fly out of LGA, but that's a different story and likely a regret I'm going to have as well.

Southwest. I bought them the minute they were released. Within an hour the prices doubled.

PHL is 15-20 minutes from my house in NJ.

My kids love Disney but we've done some all inclusive trips that they LOVED. They love leaving the country and exploring new places. They also like seeing places in the US. We have NYC planned for their birthday (only 90 minute drive) and they want to do Chicago, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, etc.

I'm guessing your really south or central NJ?

Southwest. I bought them the minute they were released. Within an hour the prices doubled.

PHL is 15-20 minutes from my house in NJ.

Gahhh i was looking on SW for weeks but they released their 11/2 flight before their 11/11 flight so waiting killed me there.

I will also be interested to see, with this new system and probable exorbitant prices during Christmas, how the price of the AP will compare.

I currently just have one AP for me and the rest get regular tickets because it's most cost effective.

It may be that APs for everyone become more cost effective if we choose to continue to go to Disney.

I can see Christmas being $200 more for the week. I think I'm just preparing myself for the worst.

I don't see them going through all this trouble to raise prices $10 for a week.

Yep. We are going to South Dakota most likely next summer and I still have about 25 other states to visit. Then there's the rest of the world.

We are going 11/2-11/11. We bought our 10 day hoppers for about $505 each through UTC. It'll be interesting to see the difference in pricing.

I was also eyeing the Canadian resident deal but holding off while we finalized plans a bit to decide if we need hoppers, how many days we’re doing, etc.

We are currently scheduled to arrive in a stretch that is “value season” for one day tickets, but I can’t imagine that even those prices are going to be lower than the Canadian deal on now. Guess I should step up my planning so I can make my purchase in the next few weeks!

We're going the last week of March/first week of April and have our room and flights booked, but we were going to hold-off on our tickets (with the Cdn resident deal) until Dec/Jan to give us more to save. With this news, it may change things, but hopefully we'll get some more information over the next few days. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that they keep the deal as-is since they've been really pumping out the TV commercials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter