New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a bit of an issue upgrading the last time. We had an expired Gold AP (12/19/16) that we wanted to renew by bridging a 7-day PH on the 7th day (1/1/17) that was still in the blackout period. It was ... complicated and took a lot of wrangling:

That's because there's a significant procedural difference between upgrading to a new pass and 'upgrading' to a renewal... The difference being that there's an established procedure for the former and not the latter. :rotfl:

Does anyone know if the price of APs will be increasing? I am within my renewal window and am wondering if I should renew before the 16th.

Does anyone know if the price of APs will be increasing? I am within my renewal window and am wondering if I should renew before the 16th.

Lots of us wondering this. Since we haven't heard anything about it I am thinking not at this time.

I believe the last AP price increase took place in February. It's a pretty good guess that there will be a price increase between now and Feb. When is your next trip? If you are going soon, it's worth renewing. If your trip is not soon, then it's a tough call because having a renewed AP sitting unused is not good either.

I believe the last AP price increase took place in February. It's a pretty good guess that there will be a price increase between now and Feb. When is your next trip? If you are going soon, it's worth renewing. If your trip is not soon, then it's a tough call because having a renewed AP sitting unused is not good either.

Yes it was February. I think once this new ticket system is in place they will move on to changing APs in structure and pricing.

Sorry I haven’t read the whole thread...is there any new insight on the 10/16 changes? Trip coming up 2/1-5 and I need to find out whether a person on our trip should buy ticket now or gamble that Feb dates will be about the same as current pricing. What is the current consensus? Thanks!

1. is there any new insight on the 10/16 changes?
Trip coming up 2/1-5 and I need to find out whether a person on our trip should buy ticket now or gamble that Feb dates will be about the same as current pricing.
2. What is the current consensus?

1. Nope.
2. It's a gamble. The "odds" are on prices going up.

Sorry I haven’t read the whole thread...is there any new insight on the 10/16 changes? Trip coming up 2/1-5 and I need to find out whether a person on our trip should buy ticket now or gamble that Feb dates will be about the same as current pricing. What is the current consensus? Thanks!

Over a weekend when Florida is warm and much of the country is not...I'd buy now...prices won't be lower for a weekend trip...

Nobody knows for sure as it has not officially been announced. Many are buying now just in case the price does go up.
We are not checking in until Oct. 22nd for our on-site stay to visit Food and Wine. I was just tired of being worried about any AP changes on the 16th. DH and I stopped by Disney Springs yesterday and renewed our FL resident week-day select AP's. This pass works great for us since we are retired and go on week days, avoid weekends and would never go during the hot Florida summers. This AP is such a great deal, I was worried that Disney would realize this and it would magically disappear. Now I can relax that we have another year of WDW at a great price and the renewal was only 10 days sooner than I had originally planned.

When I called Maple Leaf yesterday to ask about tickets, the phone agent told me Disney is going to be really jacking up ticket prices by $70 or $80! I have no idea if that is true or if the agent was trying to scare me to make a sale? I guess we'll see.

WHICH tickets?
1-day tickets?
5-day tickets?
10-day tickets?
Hopper tickets?

Nothing like incomplete, imprecise and vague "information" to whip up the marketplace! :hyper2:

I had a bit of an issue upgrading the last time. We had an expired Gold AP (12/19/16) that we wanted to renew by bridging a 7-day PH on the 7th day (1/1/17) that was still in the blackout period. It was ... complicated and took a lot of wrangling:

From my post:

This time I won't be upgrading until well out of the black out period, but will be using the pass on 12/30 which is within the blackout period. I wonder if they will continue bridging passes and how that will work with the new ticketing system.
How were you able to purchase a Gold AP as a non Florida resident?

I feel like Tuesday is Doomsday... goodbye to Disney as we knew it, and probably good bye to any chance of us ever returning. :(

I am also worried about the changes coming so, I just spent the money to buy a platinum annual pass even though mine doesn't expire till August. If the annual pass doesn't have to much of a change in pricing and structure, then I'll just hold on to the annual pass certificate and renew my annual pass before expiration.

I went back and forth for a week after the ticket announcement. I went through all the scenarios on how to handle my trip next August to celebrate my 50th birthday. I thought about it far more than i should, and that aggravated me. It aggravated me so much i am waiting until October 17th to cancel my reservation and get a refund. I know Disney won't miss my five thousand dollars and now i wont either. I will book a couple of waterfront nights and visit the mouse after SWGE. I hope I can still afford tickets in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!