New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we buy tickets and do not link them right away, by any means, then we can still sell them if we don't use them, right
?

I'm very confused, but I'm allowed to be because I'm old. :joker:
I already have my 2019 trip booked . I had planned on getting an AP, provided I don't have to sell my house to pay for it now. :rolleyes2 If I don't go with the AP, I will get a five day park hopper probably starting on the 2nd day in of our stay in WDW. It kinda sucks, because regardless of the cost I'm locked in to that start day. Plus I have a friend traveling with me.
My question I guess is, do these new tickets have to be used on consecutive days? Or do I have X amount of days from the first day of use, to use them?
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I tried reading ALL the posts but didn't see what I needed.

I'm very confused, but I'm allowed to be because I'm old. :joker:
I already have my 2019 trip booked . I had planned on getting an AP, provided I don't have to sell my house to pay for it now. :rolleyes2 If I don't go with the AP, I will get a five day park hopper probably starting on the 2nd day in of our stay in WDW. It kinda sucks, because regardless of the cost I'm locked in to that start day. Plus I have a friend traveling with me.
My question I guess is, do these new tickets have to be used on consecutive days? Or do I have X amount of days from the first day of use, to use them?
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I tried reading ALL the posts but didn't see what I needed.
I would get your tickets before Tuesday . If you aren't sure about the AP (which is darn expensive) .. buy the 5-day park hopper right now if you can. Odds are the tickets will be nothing but MORE expensive for whatever time period you are already booked for.

To answer your new question .. the new tickets have to be used within a window starting from the first day the tickets are good for.

So .. if you buy a 5-day ticket .. I think you have to use them in 8-9 days (this formula changes depending on the number of days you get) from the first day of your trip. So . .NO . you don't have to use them consecutively. They give you some wiggle room .. but not the 14 days you USED to be able to do.

If we buy tickets and do not link them right away, by any means, then we can still sell them if we don't use them, right
?

You can still sell them even after you link them to a MyDisneyExperience account.
You can just "invite" the person to whom you sell them to connect to your MDX account and then transfer
the ticket(s) to the other account.

Sorry if the answer is some where here but does anyone know if I buy a new Florida Silver AP now when do I "have to actviate" the voucher?

I think the 2019 military ticket deal (4 or 5 day hopper) is out so I am thinking we can still buy this type of ticket at the shades of green and not have to "delare" when we want to use them in 2019 correct ???

Thanks

Sorry if the answer is some where here but does anyone know if I buy a new Florida Silver AP now

1. when do I "have to actviate" the voucher?

2. I think the 2019 military ticket deal (4 or 5 day hopper) is out so I am thinking we can still buy this type of ticket at the shades of green and not have to "delare" when we want to use them in 2019 correct ???

Thanks

1. AP vouchers (actually they are called "AP certificates") expire at the end of the year 2030.

2. Correct.

I would get your tickets before Tuesday . If you aren't sure about the AP (which is darn expensive) .. buy the 5-day park hopper right now if you can. Odds are the tickets will be nothing but MORE expensive for whatever time period you are already booked for.

To answer your new question .. the new tickets have to be used within a window starting from the first day the tickets are good for.

So .. if you buy a 5-day ticket .. I think you have to use them in 8-9 days (this formula changes depending on the number of days you get) from the first day of your trip. So . .NO . you don't have to use them consecutively. They give you some wiggle room .. but not the 14 days you USED to be able to do.
Thank you for your reply! The new time frame works. I never had tickets longer. Actually, I haven't bought regular park hopper tickets and years, always had AP's. Unfortunately I let mine lapse.

Wow !!!!! Thanks !!!!

I have a AP certifacte now for my husband (DVC speical they ran last year) that clearly states you must activate by December 31, 2019 so its good to know if I get a Florida Silver now I can wait till 2030 to activate.

The only person in our family I have to worry about is my daughter. She will need a florida silver. I recently becamse a CM so I want to use my gate pass for her for as long as possible. When we get to the 16th day visit using the gate pass we can just then activate the AP for her even up to 2030 without having to pay more money !!!!!

Wish I could buy a few more for her locking in the cost now but thats alot of cash ...

Robo ... One more question
If my spouse has a main gate and an AP it will pull the AP first when he uses his magic band unless he wants to use the main gate correct (he goes a lot more than my daughter so I want to make sure those 16 visits do not get "used" by him when he has an AP)

Many of us still believe from experience that the cast member you spoke with provided you with incorrect information. Historically as soon as you make a change to an existing ticket the entire ticket becomes based on the current ticket pricing structure.

If you decide to take days off after Oct 16th you may wish to do the calculations as even decreasing the days in your ticket will have potential to cost you more. Just run the numbers before making any changes I’d my recommendation.[/QUOTE

When I called about adding a day to a 9 day park hooper, they told me we would be grandfathered in at the old price.

Robo or anyone else who knows, we have a trip coming up 11/20-11/27. We extended the trip after finding airfare so we currently only have 5 day hoppers from UCT. I planned on adding 1-2 days and the water park option after first use. Does anyone know how this new date specific ticket pricing will effect this. I now wish we had already purchased longer tickets, but I can’t change it now. They were E tickets and I have linked them so we could make fast passes at 60 days.

Robo or anyone else who knows, we have a trip coming up 11/20-11/27. We extended the trip after finding airfare so we currently only have 5 day hoppers from UCT. I planned on adding 1-2 days and the water park option after first use. Does anyone know how this new date specific ticket pricing will effect this. I now wish we had already purchased longer tickets, but I can’t change it now. They were E tickets and I have linked them so we could make fast passes at 60 days.

I called Disney and was told we would be grandfathered in at the old price. We also purchased hoppers from UCT for early Nov. I'll believe it once it happens.

Last edited:
Robo or anyone else who knows, we have a trip coming up 11/20-11/27. We extended the trip after finding airfare so we currently only have 5 day hoppers from UCT.

1. I planned on adding 1-2 days and the water park option after first use.
2. Does anyone know how this new date specific ticket pricing will effect this. I now wish we had already purchased longer tickets, but I can’t change it now. They were E tickets and I have linked them so we could make fast passes at 60 days.
1. It is not necessary to wait until "after first use" to upgrade tickets (but it won't HURT anything if you do so.) You can upgrade as soon as you arrive at WDW.
2. This info is unknown.
I will GUESS that:
A. You will be able to add the days you want. (That's nearly a sure-thing.)
B. You will need to pay any price increase, possibly on "the entire ticket." (Maybe.)
C. You may (or may not) have to pay the difference that is "date specific" to your first use date.

1. It is not necessary to wait until "after first use" to upgrade tickets (but it won't HURT anything if you do so.) You can upgrade as soon as you arrive at WDW.
2. This info is unknown.
I will GUESS that:
A. You will be able to add the days you want. (That's nearly a sure-thing.)
B. You will need to pay any price increase, possibly on "the entire ticket." (Maybe.)
C. You may (or may not) have to pay the difference that is "date specific" to your first use date.
1. Thank you, I always thought you had to use the ticket once in order to bridge/upgrade a ticket. I want to upgrade as soon as possible so I can book additional days of fast passes

1. Thank you, I always thought you had to use the ticket once in order to bridge/upgrade a ticket.

I want to upgrade as soon as possible so I can book additional days of fast passes

That's a good plan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter