New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to let those planning to buy tickets from authorized resellers such as UT, Park Savers etc. that not all resellers have the same ticket expiration dates and conditions for tickets purchased before October 16th/or when supplies run out. Parksavers tickets, both etickets and plastic cards expire similarly. I just confirmed with Parksavers that "Your first date of use on the ticket needs to be on or before December 31st, 2019. Remaining days on the ticket can be used up until January 14th, 2020." This actually gives us two additional weeks for possible ticket use!

I got a fantastic deal through Plum Benefits, which I get through my work.

I am looking into getting my room via Disney and my park tickets via Plum at my job. Did this work for you? Was there any drawback to getting the tickets through a third party like Plum?

I just wanted to let those planning to buy tickets from authorized resellers such as UT, Park Savers etc. that not all resellers have the same ticket expiration dates and conditions for tickets purchased before October 16th/or when supplies run out. Parksavers tickets, both etickets and plastic cards expire similarly. I just confirmed with Parksavers that "Your first date of use on the ticket needs to be on or before December 31st, 2019. Remaining days on the ticket can be used up until January 14th, 2020." This actually gives us two additional weeks for possible ticket use!
That makes sense. They have to be used by 12/31/19 and they expire 14 days after the first use. If you used your passes for the first time on 12/31/19 you would have to finish using them by 1/14/20.

I am looking into getting my room via Disney and my park tickets via Plum at my job. Did this work for you? Was there any drawback to getting the tickets through a third party like Plum?

The principal drawback to buying tickets from a third party discounter is that if you cancel your trip, you can't cancel those tickets.
(Some discounters offer a partial refund, but not if those tickets have been linked to MDX.)

Does Parksavers have a return policy for hard tickets?

No drawbacks at all that I can see! I got a substantial discount, chose physical tickets which I received quickly, and linked to my MDE account. They don't expire until January 2020.

The principal drawback to buying tickets from a third party discounter is that if you cancel your trip, you can't cancel those tickets.
(Some discounters offer a partial refund, but not if those tickets have been linked to MDX.)

Even if you need to but can't cancel your tickets, and you don't use them before the expiration date, they are not worthless. Disney will give you credit for whatever they are are worth, and you would pay the difference to convert them into current tickets.

Does Parksavers have a return policy for hard tickets?
I am wondering this as well. Can't seem to find the information on their website. Have you purchased from Park Savers before? I've only purchased from UT, several times, but would have to get a non-refundable e-ticket because our trip is in March. I'd like the option of returning the tickets if a DVC AP promotion is released (though doubtful, I know).

Disney: 1
Vinotinto: 0

Disney just won this round of the game of chicken. I just plunked down more than $3,600 for APs for our March trip and have basically committed to visiting WDW at least another time in 2019. I feel that there's going to be an increase prior to our end of March trip and I'm going to take advantage of the heads up.

And costs aside, it's our first time as Passholders and we're super excited! party:

Okay, I just received a response via live chat. Park Savers does not refund unused tickets unless you buy their optional purchase protection.
Thanks! I'll have to see how much that is. We have a maybe trip in March "19 and I'd rather find someplace that would take back, even for a fee, unused unlinked tickets instead of saving them.

I know UCT does but their hard tickets expire 2/19. I called Maple Leaf and they can get you 12/31/19 expiration tickets if you request them, but no returns.

As the man said, they should honor prior tickets.

I'm relatively certain WDW will honor tickets purchased prior to Oct. 16th, assuming those tickets are used by the stated expiration date and used as-is. I have no expectation that WDW will honor prior ticket pricing (other than the credit for what was paid) if someone wishes to upgrade a ticket purchased prior to Oct. 16th.

They'd have a pile of unhappy customers if they decided to renege on what they had promised

I'm not sure what you think was "promised" but unfortunately phone CMs provide incorrect information every day. At this point, WDW has not promised anything with regards to upgrading/adding-on/adjusting tickets which are purchased prior to Oct. 16th. Current ticket policy, as well as historical experience, points to any changes made to "older" tickets will requiring bringing that ticket up to the pricing structure in place at the time of the change. I wish I could take my 1999 2-day tickets and upgrade using 1999 prices, but alas I'm out of luck on that.

We'll have "real" answers next week...

If I buy a one day ticket before October 16 to use in December, it would allow park entry right?

FYI: I'm told that many third-party ticket vendors will offer today's Magic Your Way tickets through October 29.
I am hoping that is the case. In the past, UT has a limited number of "pre-increase tickets" available after the official price hike. It would be great to know the whole picture before making a decision - though I suspect AP changes will not yet be available.

Thanks! I'll have to see how much that is. We have a maybe trip in March "19 and I'd rather find someplace that would take back, even for a fee, unused unlinked tickets instead of saving them.

I know UCT does but their hard tickets expire 2/19. I called Maple Leaf and they can get you 12/31/19 expiration tickets if you request them, but no returns.
I understand! Just proceed with caution. Upon reading the fine print on the Park Savers protection program, it appears that you can only return the tickets if your trip is canceled (for certain reasons). So it's not exactly a return policy but an insurance policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!