New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh fess up Gryffindor Gal - you're goin to Universal. :p
Of course i am, lol. I have an annual pass for USO, which at less than half of the cost of a WDW annual pass, pays itself off in one visit with the on site hotel discount it allows me. The dining and merchandise discounts it affords me makes it so I actually make a tiny bit of money back on the investment.

Last edited:
Do you still get a "discount" when you go for 5+ days? I see a price for each date. Will it even out at check out or are we stuck paying $100 for each day if that's the cost for each day of our one week trip?
I would think that they would keep that. If they removed that discount then each guest would be seeing increases upwards of $100 or more per person per stay. I don't think a family of 4 is going to easily accept that increase in ticket prices and that Disney knows that there may be a point they push people too far.

although....watching the video it shows park hopper an extra $55 - that would be per day? So 9 days I would be paying about an extra $1000 for two people to have park hoppers?

Is that what it averages now for hoppers?

I don't think so - hopefully not - that would be a big jump! I think now it's a flat rate for the length of your ticket, correct? I think was around $75/ticket when we went in April.

You still have room to adjust.
Yes I saw the explanation down thread. Thx! Overall it is much less flexible in several situations that I can think of off the top of my head. For example, our upcoming cruise. I want to do 2 park days...one on each end. Well, a 2 day park ticket can't be used on either end of a 7 day cruise anymore.

More and more I'm seeing this as my last trip to Disney (this trip is my youngests first trip, my other have all been once as well) and that makes me so sad. :confused3 I wanted one more trip at least with my bff, but that one will be more of a resort vacation with the odd trip to the park if we do end up going in a few years. I just don't know if I can put this much planning, saving, fp+ planning and securing, adr planning and securing and then replanning and securing after we pick our fp+. lol The list goes on.... maybe my bff and I will just go to Vegas and call it a day.

Is this new system going to require more planning? Besides actually knowing the dates you are going, what additional planning steps does it require?

I don't think so - hopefully not - that would be a big jump! I think now it's a flat rate for the length of your ticket, correct? I think was around $75/ticket when we went in April.

God I hope you are right! I was feeling fine with this until the hopper question popped into my head. Like I said, just for two of us it would be an extra $1000! But I think you are right.

Is this new system going to require more planning? Besides actually knowing the dates you are going, what additional planning steps does it require?

Sorry, I wasn't referring to additional planning steps because of this change. I was just saying in general, planning a Disney trip is getting to be more and more of a necessity and I don't see it getting better in that regard probably ever. If anything it will just get harder to plan.

So, if I understand this correctly, this locks you into your dates unless you pay that fee.

And I can see them running this like airlines do where prices change and go up and down according to demand. I mean, it can totally be at their whim.

After 2 summer trips, the last one settled me on never again and school issues put us at Christmas vacation and spring vacation.

We had already determined next spring for Universal and Panama City Beach with no Disney.

Summer trip is to somewhere completely new.

And next Christmas for Universal/Sea World because I don't even remotely want to deal with Galaxy's Edge mania.

I'm thinking, though, that with all the cuts lately and the rumors from @rteetz that more are to come, that this Christmas may finally have me done. Nothing coming aside from Star Wars has me all, "Oh, I just HAVE to see that" regardless of how cool Tron looks or the Guardians coaster may be. And I think that many people will be priced out of Star Wars unless you want to stand in line all day to ride the Falcon ride. And I don't want to stand in line all day to ride anything anymore.

How the heck is this going to work with third party ticket sellers like Undercover Tourist?
The third-party ticket sellers have been trained on this new ticket restructuring. That’s how ticket info was slowly being known and the MDX glitches were being attributed to the software updates.

Discounts will be available from the third-party sellers.

If you can be flexible on your arrival date, you can save some money possibly. Won't know until they release the new pricing.

I'm not going to say we're done with Disney yet (actually, we'll never be done :rotfl:), we can arrive any day of the week, just going to pick the cheapest day!

If the parks are going to be that much more crowded with Star Wars land, Tron and all the other new things, how can they still fire more staff and effectively run the parks?

They will just make Space Mountain permanently dark and prop the mannequins that manned Mission Control up in the Customer Relations booths to take your complaints, responding to you with pre-recorded "I apologize" messages, using Talking Mickey's old voice box.

I would think that they would keep that. If they removed that discount then each guest would be seeing increases upwards of $100 or more per person per stay. I don't think a family of 4 is going to easily accept that increase in ticket prices and that Disney knows that there may be a point they push people too far.

I'm guestimating $100 or more extra per person during certain times of year. I'm just preparing myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts