New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blech - Firing more staff, raising ticket costs...

yeah but...it's going to be INSANE 2021 and later! Galaxy's Edge, Ratatouille ride, (possible) England dark ride, GoTG ride, TRON!!!!, Mickey/Minnie railroad ride, new Illuminations and a whole ton of other stuff I'm missing.

I was sad because due to unexpected surgery we needed to push our 2020 trip to 2021, but cheered myself right up as I realized we will be there for most of the new stuff. :)

No, not looking forward to price increases, but another year to save....

Would there be any reason for me to NOT just buy my park hopper tickets now from some place like undercover tourist? I have my resort booked for the end of march 2019 but just haven't bought my tickets yet. The price will obviously increase if I wait until this new system is in place. Is there anything I'm not thinking of? Should I just go and buy my tickets now?

So as I was watching the video... say your first date price is $85 but there are days in your say 6 day trip that are higher than that. You will still pay $85/day for the length of your stay?

So I am needing to purchase at least a 2-day PH + a 3-day PH for next year for two of my family members. We are planning on going at Thanksgiving. Should I go ahead and purchase their tickets now since I'm sure Thanksgiving will be sky-high? Will they honor them?
Before you purchase any tickets now (today), check the Expiration Dates.

If they are valid through 12/19 you’ll be okay.

yeah but...it's going to be INSANE 2021 and later! Galaxy's Edge, Ratatouille ride, (possible) England dark ride, GoTG ride, TRON!!!!, Mickey/Minnie railroad ride, new Illuminations and a whole ton of other stuff I'm missing.

I was sad because due to unexpected surgery we needed to push our 2020 trip to 2021, but cheered myself right up as I realized we will be there for most of the new stuff. :)

No, not looking forward to price increases, but another year to save....
And even more cuts before 2021 ;)

With this Disney is offering a flexible ticket option that gives you more flexibility in when using your tickets. This comes at an added cost. They will automatically expire Dec. 31st, 2019 for now (that date will change as time moves on of course). This also gives you 14 days from first entry to use the tickets like it is now.

I know that no one knows the particulars yet, but I currently have 6 day hoppers and was planning to add 2 more days when I arrive on October 27th. Any idea how this will affect? I tried to do it over the phone a couple of weeks ago, but they said I needed to do it at guest services.

So as I was watching the video... say your first date price is $85 but there are days in your say 6 day trip that are higher than that. You will still pay $85/day for the length of your stay?

I believe those numbers were arbitrary. No one knows at this point

Don't think so. You pay price per day, so if you don't want to pay one of the more expensive days, you don't buy a ticket for that day and plan a no park day. More planning on the customer's part.

I'm confused about this too. I'm also wondering if you get the "discount" the longer your stay is. It was only about $10 more for me to go from 9 days to 10 days. Will that still be the case? Or will I have to pay full price to add that day?

There is a way to sort of “work” the system. Let’s say you wank to go Oct. 5-8. You have 7 days to use those tickets. Oct. 5th may cost $89 but Oct. 4th is $85. Select Oct. 4th because then each day of your ticket is $85 instead of $89 saving you money.

Don't think so. You pay price per day, so if you don't want to pay one of the more expensive days, you don't buy a ticket for that day and plan a no park day. More planning on the customer's part.
No you pick your first day and that’s the price for the entire length of your ticket but you only have 7 days to use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!