I had already made peace with it not being open for August but as we’ve been planning this trip with friends ever since they first announced SWGE it’s a bummer.

Oh well, helps me justify that 2020 WDW trip a bit more to my wallet. 😂

Alright folks! Prediction time. You only got one vote. Will ROTR opening at Disneyland:

A. Cause massive crowds as everyone rushes to ride the greatest theme park experience of all time?

or

B. Create another DL ghost town as everyone flees what they assume will be massive crowds rushing to ride?

I had already made peace with it not being open for August but as we’ve been planning this trip with friends ever since they first announced SWGE it’s a bummer.

Oh well, helps me justify that 2020 WDW a bit more to my wallet. 😂

I suddenly have some very consequential decisions to make about our timing in 2020. We’ve been all geared up for a first-week-of-March trip, but now I’m wondering if we should go in June when APs are blocked again (sorry guys).

Crossposted.

I suddenly have some very consequential decisions to make about our timing in 2020. We’ve been all geared up for a first-week-of-March trip, but now I’m wondering if we should go in June when APs are blocked again (sorry guys). What would you do, DL experts?

Crossposted.

I suddenly have some very consequential decisions to make about our timing in 2020. We’ve been all geared up for a first-week-of-March trip, but now I’m wondering if we should go in June when APs are blocked again (sorry guys). What would you do, DL experts?
They’re never going to let June 2019 (lack of) crowds happen again. If you were planning a trip for the week when ROTR opens or something, I’d consider whether it’s worth changing (not saying I would change, but I’d consider it). But a January opening isn’t going to have a significant effect on a March trip, at least not a predictable one.

Crossposted.

Go when it's cooler is always my go-to decision.

I'm nervous about my end of July, start of August trip in 2020. I have a feeling lots of people put off the trip this year due to anticipated crowds (which never happened) and add this ride and it could be a very busy summer. Up here in Canada (alberta) I know of at least 7 families going next summer and none going this summer!!!

“As soon as work is completed at Walt Disney World, Imagineers will head back to California to complete their mission at Disneyland Resort where Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open on Friday, Jan. 17.”

Sounds like to me they’re putting all the eggs in the WDW basket to get this moving for the holidays before coming to Disneyland to fix ours...

This leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Am I correctly remembering them repeatedly stating ROTR would be opening later this year at Disneyland? I just checked the blog post when they announced GE’s opening date, and they’ve edited it to say that ROTR will be opening January 2020. That’s obviously a new addition.

This leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Am I correctly remembering them repeatedly stating ROTR would be opening later this year at Disneyland? I just checked the blog post when they announced GE’s opening date, and they’ve edited it to say that ROTR will be opening January 2020. That’s obviously a new addition.
You are not wrong. It always stated it was opening later this year. Im guessing they are editing anything mentioning that.

You're 100% correct. It was always "later this year." This is a major miss on Disney's part ... and I agree, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Ah yes, “end of the year”, also know as next year. Well there goes any hope I had of experiencing it over my Halloween trip. Now all I can hope for is with the party being moved AND this clear announcement that crowds take a nose dive in October too. I usually make yearly trips so I’ll see it next year (or possibly trek down in the spring for a quick weekend) but I’m seriously disappointed for my friend who is a HUGE movie/Star Wars fan. She doesn’t get down there nearly as often, in fact the last time was about five years ago with me. I hope she enjoys it this October with me and just doesn’t even realize Disney completely failed to bring the signature attraction online.

I totally think they should have held off on the opening of the land if they knew they were this far behind. At least didn’t open it until originally planned and clearly announced the delay when they opened, or even pushed it back to a Nov holiday opening with a ~60 day delay for this attraction.

I'm nervous about my end of July, start of August trip in 2020. I have a feeling lots of people put off the trip this year due to anticipated crowds (which never happened) and add this ride and it could be a very busy summer. Up here in Canada (alberta) I know of at least 7 families going next summer and none going this summer!!!
Don’t be nervous. They expanded their facilities to accommodate much higher crowds when they built SWGE.

Apparently they’ve noticed the disaster that was this summer at DLR afterall and they had the brains to not let that happen at WDW- a much more important revenue generator for them than our baby park and 3 hotels.

I think that's what I dislike the most ... the blatant favoritism and money grabbing.

Ya, it still wouldn’t help me based on the timetable, but how hard is it to hire another team of contract engineers for a year term once they knew they were behind? They should have been able to open these at the same time having two teams work seamlessly together... unless this isn’t the whole story...

Possibly the ride requires construction modifications inside and they’re still able to roll those into the WDW buildout and have engineers onsite to then quickly get it operational and will need to wait anyway at Disneyland for structure or vehicle modifications to take place before engineers could get in there and apply software or sensor fixes...

Either way a company of this size and ability should have seen issues like this way back in the spring and doubled down on their development efforts to at least hit the original opening dates (or very close to ~30 day delay)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter