So this morning I've been trying to check on return times for Oga's and Savi's to no avail. Every time I've tried to access the booking client, I've been greeted with the typical "Someone Ate the Page!" Stitch error page. I'm not actually at Disneyland right now, so it's no big deal for me... right now...

HOWEVER... that does bring up a good point. What if this were to happen to us on the morning of our days in the park? What should we do? Would it be recommended to just rope-drop the cantina and/or Savi's to get it out of the way if a reservation cannot be secured?? I definitely wouldn't want to be caught off guard...

Neither will take walk ups without a reservation anymore. You can only get in with a reservation.

Does anybody have a strategy for SW:GE if the reservation system for Oga's and Savi's is redirecting to the error page? Like I questioned previously... would it be best to arrive early and rope-drop the catina and/or Savi's, then head over to Smuggler's Run?? Idk... I'm just looking for the best way to handle the worst situation, really...
As pp have said, I don't think Savi's or Oga's will take walk ups, so if Stitch eats the page and repeated tries don't get you through, then I would keep a positive attitude (don't panic!) and head for the Information Kiosk once you get to SWGE. See if they can help at all. If they can, great. If they can't, at least you'll know that you're not the only one who can't get through and maybe the plaids will have some tips and suggestions.

Question

Family of three, one dad and two teenage daughters travelling to DL at the end of the month. As we have never done DLR and only WDW in the past how much spending cash would we need for a 4 day visit for food, souvenirs, etc.? Would 3,000 be plenty or should we budget for more?

Question

Family of three, one dad and two teenage daughters travelling to DL at the end of the month. As we have never done DLR and only WDW in the past how much spending cash would we need for a 4 day visit for food, souvenirs, etc.? Would 3,000 be plenty or should we budget for more?
That all depends on what kind of souvenirs you want and what kind of food you eat (sit down all three days vs counter service). I find that food prices are similar to those at WDW. You can go on the website and look at restaurants and see prices to gauge it. We went there when Galaxies Edge opened (family of four with two teenagers, boy and girl) for two nights and three days. We spent a lot of SW:GE souvenirs about $400 to $500 per kid and got the light saber, droid, t-shirts, some pens, and a few other things. We ate at one sit down meal and counter service for the rest. The sit down cost us $200 and counter service usually costs us $65. We also get some snacks each day at $5 per person, so $20 each snack stop. You can save yourself some money by bringing your own water and snacks.
So for our family of four, we spent under $2000 for three days, and that was with some expensive souvenirs. I think $3,000 should be okay, but it depends on what you plan to do. Hopefully this will help you get an idea. Enjoy DL, its my favorite of the two parks.

That all depends on what kind of souvenirs you want and what kind of food you eat (sit down all three days vs counter service). I find that food prices are similar to those at WDW. You can go on the website and look at restaurants and see prices to gauge it. We went there when Galaxies Edge opened (family of four with two teenagers, boy and girl) for two nights and three days. We spent a lot of SW:GE souvenirs about $400 to $500 per kid and got the light saber, droid, t-shirts, some pens, and a few other things. We ate at one sit down meal and counter service for the rest. The sit down cost us $200 and counter service usually costs us $65. We also get some snacks each day at $5 per person, so $20 each snack stop. You can save yourself some money by bringing your own water and snacks.
So for our family of four, we spent under $2000 for three days, and that was with some expensive souvenirs. I think $3,000 should be okay, but it depends on what you plan to do. Hopefully this will help you get an idea. Enjoy DL, its my favorite of the two parks.
Thank you...perfect. We are pretty frugal so based on what you say I think we will be more than ok.

Thank you...perfect. We are pretty frugal so based on what you say I think we will be more than ok.
In addition to this, I would suggest overestimating what you will spend just in case you decide at the last minute you want a particular souvenir (s). That way you aren’t short on money or have a scary credit card bill when you return home :)

Question

That seems like way more than enough to me, for just food and souvenirs. Count on $300-400/day for food IF you will be doing at least one expensive sit down per day and plan to purchase alcoholic beverages. We are a family of 4 and just did a 3 night staycation at the Grand Californian and spent around $3000 but that included the hotel stay, which was about half, as well as a $250 Lego set.

That seems like way more than enough to me, for just food and souvenirs. Count on $300-400/day for food IF you will be doing at least one expensive sit down per day and plan to purchase alcoholic beverages. We are a family of 4 and just did a 3 night staycation at the Grand Californian and spent around $3000 but that included the hotel stay, which was about half, as well as a $250 Lego set.
Me too, but we have never been out West and just wanted to make sure we werent surprised by not having enough and having to pull out the AmEx

Me too, but we have never been out West and just wanted to make sure we werent surprised by not having enough and having to pull out the AmEx

I get that. Stuff is expensive here, but I'm used to it as a local, so Disneyland prices don't make me flinch anymore. LOL. When I travel elsewhere and a cocktail is only $12-14, I feel like I am getting such a bargain!

And our DL Dec 5-8th trip just got INSANE lol!!

Edited- whoops read it backwards! It's opening in WDW FIRST! Crazy!! that's going to make some people unhappy (and us a bit, we really thought we were safe in getting to see it by picking that week)

“As soon as work is completed at Walt Disney World, Imagineers will head back to California to complete their mission at Disneyland Resort where Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open on Friday, Jan. 17.”

Sounds like to me they’re putting all the eggs in the WDW basket to get this moving for the holidays before coming to Disneyland to fix ours...

And our Dec 5-8th trip just got INSANE lol!!

Edited- whoops read it backwards! It's opening in WDW FIRST! Crazy!! that's going to make some people unhappy (and us a bit, we really thought we were safe in getting to see it by picking that week)

Are you going to world or land?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!