New stroller parking rules and ECV parking

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Do you think that the new stroller parking rules will affect ECV parking? I'm kind of concerned, because the last time I was at MK I was sent to stroller parking three times to park my ECV, once at Liberty Tree Tavern, once at Jungle Cruise, and the other time at Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-...al-kingdom-tests-new-stroller-parking-system/

Visitors who rent a stroller will receive a specialty tag upon rental and guests who bring their own stroller will receive a tag at their first parking location. These tags feature different colors that match up with the different colored stroller parking zones that designate where guests can park their strollers.

I started to question this, but then remembered that I cannot park my ECV and walk. But I might have to transfer to a WC at a couple of MK rides if it gets implemented there too.

I saw that post as well, and wondered if it will impact wheelchair/ECV users.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are TONS more strollers than personal mobility devices; I'm hopeful that we will be left alone and not forced into what I can only imagine are "corrals" for strollers. Or, maybe we will get blue tags (because, after all, handicapped car parking spaces are painted blue) and will have our own blue "area"?

I won't be back at WDW until September at the earliest (but it means all of my broken bones are finally healing & PT is working, so YAY!) and so I will have to wait to see if anyone posts more info and/or pictures between now and then.

I worry for you too, @Simba's Mom - I know this could be a real issue for you. Keeping all of my (non-broken) fingers and toes crossed that this will not impact you (or anyone else here) negatively.

This cannot possibly be for ECVs, too. There are many of us, myself included, that just don't have the ability to walk. On my very best day, I can walk about 50 ft, but with much pain. On a Disney day, where my knees are already swollen and sore from spending so much time bent, I am doing good to walk 10' - 15' very slowly and with much effort.

For the most part, I don't think people who can walk normally use ECVs. I know I sure wouldn't want to if I were able to get around without one! They require being on high alert at all times and never being able to just relax. And alcoholic beverages are completely out of the question. I once had a drink at HS, then had slower reflexes to stop short for drift walkers. Never again. I didn't run into anyone, but was very nervous that I would.

If we had the ability to just park it and walk, I believe most of would not have them to begin with.

I think I saw this at EPCOT ( they had colored signs where the stroller) that you had to put your stroller in ( there were no tags on the stroller) but it looked like for the most part if your stroller was in the red section it stayed there) I think this will help where there are a lot of stroller in one area ( like fantasyland behind the carousel) so that people can find their strollers faster. I do not think of see a reason why they would need to do this for ECV as there are only a few ride lines you can not take an ECV in and all of them have parking close by

Today I cannot walk even a single step without a walker/rollator. I use a rollator at home and when I go to a restaurant where I can get fairly close to the entry. I can only walk a few yards with a rollator.

But a decade ago I had to use an ECV on a couple of trips due to extreme fatigue. My walking was fine, not even any pain. But I was finally diagnosed with walking pneumonia (after 6 months) which was caused by acid reflux not an infection. I parked my ECV many times those trips.

That on top of my chronic fatigue just really did me in with respect to stamina. So some people possibly may have extreme stamina issues that require an ECV even though they can walk unaided - like from heart issues or chemo.

Last edited:
Whenever I've wanted or needed to park an ECV and walk, I've asked a CM where to park. They *usually* have directed me to stroller parking, but not *always.* I guess we'll wait and see, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was handled on a sort of ad-hoc basis, depending on how many strollers are parked in certain areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter