New Stroller on Trams rule coming Oct. 7

Malcon10t

DIS Veteran
A tram CM posted this on a FB page I am on. I am assuming we will know for sure tomorrow.

"Starting October 7th at the Disneyland Resort, all Strollers will need to be collapsed/folded if you choose to ride the Mickey & Friends Trams or Mickey Vans.

If you are unable/unwilling to collapse/fold your stroller, you will need to use the bridge over Magic Way, which is connected to Level 2 Coco at the Pixar Pals Parking Structure, and then walk thru Downtown Disney to get to Parks.

Guests that require Special Assistance due to a Disability and have a valid Red Tag on their stroller, may keep their Strollers open. But you must use the Ramp to board the Tram or utilize the Mickey Van.

Official information will be disbursed on September 23rd."

People have been commenting that this will slow the trams as people will have to stop, pull everything out from underneath the stroller, and fold. I suspect they will require everyone have the strollers folded before getting in line.

I saw this on the Disneyland Reddit page and thought I'd share here. Starting Oct 7th, all strollers will have to be folded before loading onto the trams.

What is the layout like with the security checkpoint and the tram? I was thinking about how you have to empty everything out of the stroller at security anyway. So if the tram is right next to there, it wouldn't be too much trouble to fold an already emptied stroller.

What is the layout like with the security checkpoint and the tram? I was thinking about how you have to empty everything out of the stroller at security anyway. So if the tram is right next to there, it wouldn't be too much trouble to fold an already emptied stroller.
Assuming that the bag check layout stays the same after the parks reopen, it isn't far at all from the tram loading area. You can see the tram loading area from the bag check stations -- maybe a minute's walk at most from the metal detectors to the tram lines? Keep checking the DLR Closure Superthread for updates on the reopening and any changes to the bag check area, if any. Also look on YouTube for any good videos that show the bag check and tram loading areas -- you'll be able to see how close together they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter