New Strategy for Deciding Which Park on Which Days?

OK, ASSUMING as a BW resort guest with Platinum APs we'll be able to reserve one park for each of our 9 day, late Oct trip, does it even matter, given the changes, which park we do on which day? Previously I'd consult various park crowd prediction sites to decide, we always hit Epoct on our first day and avoid WS on Sat of F&W but otherwise we avoid crowded parks when possible, I'm guessing crowds won't be a factor, at least not for a while. Thoughts?

Bill From PA
I think we need more information from Disney before we can plan. I would guess that certain parks will have more capacity than others. For instance, more "reservations" may be allowed at Epcot than at the MK. Of course, Disney won't tell us that but it will become clear which parks "sell out" first. I would prioritize those first and plan the other parks around them.

Edited: I love your signature photo. Carl looks so young!

I think we need more information from Disney before we can plan. I would guess that certain parks will have more capacity than others. For instance, more "reservations" may be allowed at Epcot than at the MK. Of course, Disney won't tell us that but it will become clear which parks "sell out" first. I would prioritize those first and plan the other parks around them.

Edited: I love your signature photo. Carl looks so young!
Trust me, I don't look like that anymore either!

Bill From PA

I definitely think HS will be a popular one for people to snag first.

Other than that, I am not sure it matters as i think all parks will reach their capacity every day until they no longer are using this system,

I told my daughter to try to have a plan and a back up one for our Aug trip,

I think it will be interesting to see what happens with the park reservations. And I’m glad our trip isn’t until December so I have a chance to see how this is all going to shake down before I have to start doing any real planning.

maybe dining reservations at Epcot will return to the cast members in little televisions by guest services! 😝

As someone very reliant on park-hopping, I have a feeling I won't be coming back to WDW until that's possible again. Of course, if this keeps up for like a year, I may change my mind!

I know it's asking too much of Disney IT but I'd love to just put in my dates and ask for at least one visit to each park over the whole stretch. I don't really care what order.

I´d love this too. I don´t want to be stuck at Animal Kingdom during my trip, lol.

We are planning for 6 park days, probably 2 MK, 1 DS, 2 Ep and 1 AK, and don´t mind the order, but really want to do them this way.

Am I the only that loves that all the planning of a Disney vacation is going away for the time being? I kind of hope DP+ disappears and they make it more like MaxPass. Pick your FP the day you arrive at the park.

I agree!

The order of parks isn't important to me, except for my fist day where I have a late arrival. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll have to plan arriving at park opening each day of my trip, something I didn't need to do with FP.

Last edited:
I think it will be interesting to see what happens with the park reservations.
I haven't seen anything that says you are guaranteed to get into the park you want to on the date you want.
You will be guaranteed to get into a park if you have a resort reservation and ticket.
Glad our trip isn't until October so we have time to see how this works.

I know it's asking too much of Disney IT but I'd love to just put in my dates and ask for at least one visit to each park over the whole stretch. I don't really care what order.
I agree with that 100%. A nagging little fear of mine with this whole new system is that we will spend the money to get there and then not be able to get into any of the parks due to capacity. Hopefully the planning goes better than that.

I haven't seen anything that says you are guaranteed to get into the park you want to on the date you want.
You will be guaranteed to get into a park if you have a resort reservation and ticket.
Glad our trip isn't until October so we have time to see how this works.

I am not sure we have seen anything that even suggests we are guaranteed to get to a park everyday, reservation or not.

By October, though, I think that would be a safe bet because capacity will have increased!

I agree with that 100%. A nagging little fear of mine with this whole new system is that we will spend the money to get there and then not be able to get into any of the parks due to capacity. Hopefully the planning goes better than that.

I thought the whole point of the new reservation system is so that by reserving a specific park on a specific day that it guarantees entry into the park you reserved that day because they will only allow a set number of reservations based on their capacity number?

I don't think it will really matter. I'm going to focus more on how many days we'd like at each park. Our family are huge hopper fans, so we have never created a plan where we choose just one park per day every single day before. :)

Well I am assuming for APs it will be one reservation per week (possibly one reservation per park per week?) possibly with an added quota if on site and there was mentioned of added block outs so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if all AP tiers follow the Florida resident select calendar (no magic kingdom on Saturday, no Epcot on weekends during food & wine...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts