NEW...Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Info & Planning subforum

if we have a new forum that really scares me about coming to WDW for the first year of that. it is going to be more nuts.

Thanks Denise.

I've been following Ryan's posts on the News and Rumors board about how they were trying to manage this throughout 2019. This looks like the best option.

Should we start one for Reflections DVC/Resort? Once shovels are in the ground and this starts to go up, I suspect this board will get quite active. :-)

j

Should we start one for Reflections DVC/Resort? Once shovels are in the ground and this starts to go up, I suspect this board will get quite active. :-)j

I'm pretty sure Reflections falls under Disney Resorts/ DVC. :)

As much as I am excited for Galaxy's Edge, I am glad we won't be there in the first few months of the craziness... Hopefully we can get a 2020 trip in, but even that being the 50th anniversary may be too nutso for us.

If Storm Troopers start patrolling the loops, it will have gone too far....

Wookies would be better. Dogs probably like them more. Before it's over you'll step into the Meadows and the Cantina music will fire up...

As much as I am excited for Galaxy's Edge, I am glad we won't be there in the first few months of the craziness... Hopefully we can get a 2020 trip in, but even that being the 50th anniversary may be too nutso for us.

We're doing the same thing. We are going to have a couple days at DL after the new year, and I am expecting that to be a little nuts, but hoping that their summer opening will help. As for WDW, I had no interest in being there late 2019 or early 2020. We are planning for late August, hoping that lets some of the initial insanity pass. Based on what we saw for Pandora (and the huge crowd control issues they had), I am hoping they do a lot better with SWGE.

As for the anniversary, the 50th is October of 2021. I'm expecting that to be more of a 2021 reality than 2020. It may run the entire 2021 calendar year, or they may run it from 2021-2022, but I don't think it will be much a part of the conversation in 2020.

Last edited:
We are hoping Bama Ed gets a meet together for Oct 2020! That way it's the best of both worlds! ETA: Just told the DW that maybe with GE opening, we will be able to ride FOP this time!

We're doing the same thing. We are going to have a couple days at DL after the new year, and I am expecting that to be a little nuts, but hoping that their summer opening will help. As for WDW, I had no interest in being their late 2019 or early 2020. We are planning for late August, hoping that lets some of the initial insanity pass. Based on what we saw for Pandora (and the huge crowd control issues they had), I am hoping they do a lot better with SWGE.

As for the anniversary, the 50th is October of 2021. I'm expecting that to be more of a 2021 reality than 2020. It may run the entire 2021 calendar year, or they may run it from 2021-2022, but I don't think it will be much a part of the conversation in 2020.
The 50th will run from Memorial Day weekend 2021 thru 2022. From the rumor and news board.

We're doing the same thing. We are going to have a couple days at DL after the new year, and I am expecting that to be a little nuts, but hoping that their summer opening will help. As for WDW, I had no interest in being their late 2019 or early 2020. We are planning for late August, hoping that lets some of the initial insanity pass. Based on what we saw for Pandora (and the huge crowd control issues they had), I am hoping they do a lot better with SWGE.

ah! I don't know why I was thinking 2020 was the 50th.
Ok, we will push back to 2021. I know September is crazy hot but I wonder if that would be worth it for my hubby's birthday.

ah! I don't know why I was thinking 2020 was the 50th.
Ok, we will push back to 2021. I know September is crazy hot but I wonder if that would be worth it for my hubby's birthday.

We've done September/October a few times. It is hot, but September-early October is a great option crowd-wise, which makes a big difference in managing the heat.

We've done September/October a few times. It is hot, but September-early October is a great option crowd-wise, which makes a big difference in managing the heat.

Seeing that it is so much cheaper to camp during that time is a plus. We usually do a March vacation of some sort and then again late September. We went to the beach this last time and it was a bit chilly for me- 78 with sea breeze is cool to this Texan haha. But then again, I melt when it is 85 and 95% humidity.

We will give it a try and if we hate the weather, we can always go back to February.

We are hoping Bama Ed gets a meet together for Oct 2020! That way it's the best of both worlds! ETA: Just told the DW that maybe with GE opening, we will be able to ride FOP this time!

That guy is pretty lazy and worthless; after all, he's SEC.

Questions are already being asked and answered....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!