New Skillet choices at Whispering Canyon

VroomVroomLightning

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had the new skillets at Whispering Canyon? The word mustard and chipotle are throwing us off as we have mustard and spicy food haters in our family. Has it always been those types of sauces but never listed that way?

Even if you can’t compare to the old skillet any reviews would be great! Thanks!

1) The sauces have changed recently.
2) I'm going in May. I'm not vegetarian, but will probably get the plant-based skillet because the other ones have larger portions of meat than I prefer.

Easywdw had a pretty detailed review of all of the new skillets a few days ago. It is on the home page there, you may have to scroll down a bit.

DaisyDuck001 - how did your meal go at Whispering Canyon? I also have "non-spicy" food eaters in my family - but they love ribs. i also have a vegan who will be doing the plant-base - if you tried it. i would love to hear about your experience.

Last edited:

We ate there one week ago today for dinner.

We had the Pig skillet. Really good. The Piggy Wings were good...very sweet. You couldn't really taste the mustard.

DaisyDuck001 - how did your meal go at Whispering Canyon? I also have "non-spicy" food eaters in my family - but they love ribs. i also have a vegan who will be doing the plant-base - if you tried it. i would love to hear about your experience.
Hi, I did get the plant-based skillet again last month. I liked the previous version of this skillet (which they used to call "vegan" before they renamed it "plant-based") better than the new one, because the previous sauces tasted better to me. Unfortunately, I'm not eager to order this item again in its current form. For upcoming visits, I plan to go there for lunch if at all, and would lean towards either their entree salad or the turkey sandwich with cranberry mayonnaise. But who knows, by the time you go, the sauces could change yet again.

Wow, I had no idea there was a plant based skillet. We booked breakfast due to the vegetarians in our group. I might re look at this now.

Hi, I did get the plant-based skillet again last month. I liked the previous version of this skillet (which they used to call "vegan" before they renamed it "plant-based") better than the new one, because the previous sauces tasted better to me. Unfortunately, I'm not eager to order this item again in its current form. For upcoming visits, I plan to go there for lunch if at all, and would lean towards either their entree salad or the turkey sandwich with cranberry mayonnaise. But who knows, by the time you go, the sauces could change yet again.

Thanks for the feedback. I will pass it along to my vegan and let her make the decision. As for me, I am not a vegan - and am going with DisBuckMan's recommendation on the Pig Skillet :)

Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter