New signature card at Crystal Palace

Gah! I actually have plans on eating there and wanted them to sign a shirt.

Not a deal breaker, but still disappointed.

I would be ok with that if they added Rabbit. And then Maybe not. I think that it is sad.

Kae

Are you sure you don't mean that you no longer received a signed card for your birthday, but receive the printed signatures on the honey pot instead? I really don't see how they can stop just one set of characters from signing, guests would be in an uproar.

I think it's outrageous for the cost of these meals that they can't have the characters autograph guests' books and what-not. Does it really take that much time to do if they're stopping at your table anyhow?
Could it have something more to do with the training to get each autograph the same? Can't have Pooh in Fantasyland signing an autograph that's very different from Pooh in Crystal Palace, for example.

Very sad! I have been feeling disappointed that we cancelled our Thanksgiving dinner reservation there and haven't been able to get a breakfast (our preferred time for CP). Now I'm not feeling like we're not missing out so much. My kids, especially my DD, are crazy about collecting autographs while we're at WDW. :guilty:

IM disappointed. We decided to book CP since last trip we missed tigger and poor and didn't get their signature on our vinylmation.

We never even considered pulling autograph books out at meals. I wonder if they will do it if you ask?

Ummmmm... that is hardly not even the same. I understand a character having a stamp if they can't sign easily (like Buzz Lightyear) but!!! That is part of the magic!!! Not some dumb piece of cardstock! :( I was planning a whole bunch of autograph-able souvenirs for next time's trip... but if characters don't sign anymore!?

I am quite disappointed. What if there's a birthday - that seems even more callous to have this generic thing to give out...

That's disappointing. I was hoping to have Eeyore sign my Mickey Ears when we go in September. I had them specially made and was really hoping to have Goody and Eeyore sign them. Seems like they are really trying to cut down on costs at the buffets.....

Are you sure you don't mean that you no longer received a signed card for your birthday, but receive the printed signatures on the honey pot instead? I really don't see how they can stop just one set of characters from signing, guests would be in an uproar.
Nope. The characters no longer sign as of this week, per our waiter.

Our party of 4 each received a card. No birthdays in the group.

Well I enjoy the food, and the character experinece. I don't get autographs, but have asked fellow diners or passing waiters to take a picture of me with a character with my camera. Fellow diners were always happy to do so. I also always offer to take pictures for other people, so they can all be in the photo. Everywhere, not just Crystal Palace. We are all enjoying together. I enjoy looking at pictures, not autographs.

We've received these types of cards at various events over the years.

I can understand the desire to help cycle the characters through at a good clip. We don't need or want a 70-90 min meal. It sometimes takes that long to see all characters, if that's what you've booked the meal for.

We go to CP for the food -- we like the breakfast buffet and would do it without characters.

They moved through at a good pace today. In 40min we saw all of them.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter