new SeaWorld 2018 ride - Infinity Falls

FLOIR

DIS Veteran
SeaWorld has announced a new ride coming in 2018 named Infinity Falls. It is a rapids raft ride that will feature a vertical lift system to start and then a record setting drop. It will be in the area back where Terrace is currently located (the old location of the beer tasting).

It looks like there will be a village type location set in a jungle, and the raft ride will be some type of expedition.

This will close the Pass Member Lounge though. Seems they are going to close it for construction and look for a place to reopen it in 2018. Not sure if that means it is going back in the same area, or if they hope to move it somewhere else but don't want to mess with it until after the ride is open.

I know I saw a video somewhere that the Orlando Park President, Jim Dean, said the passholder lounge and the restaurant in the hospitality area "wouldn't be going anywhere"

ETA: Found the video I saw about it:

Last edited:
Weird - I heard a letter got sent to pass members saying it was closing. Guess we will see once constructions starts.

Weird - I heard a letter got sent to pass members saying it was closing. Guess we will see once constructions starts.

They did. Here is the entire email. It says in the email it will be a temporary closure but will open better than ever

To our Pass Member Family,
During my time here as park president, I have been inspired by the passion our Pass Members have for SeaWorld Orlando. We cannot thank you enough for your support.

Today we announced an exciting new attraction coming to our park in 2018: Infinity Falls. This four minute adventure will feature class IV and V rapids and the tallest drop on a river rapids ride in the world. As part of our Annual Pass family, you will be among the very first to experience Infinity Falls before it opens to the public next summer.

As we continue to create new experiences that matter for you and your family, we often have to make changes to our existing programs and offerings. After much deliberation, we have made the tough decision to close our Pass Member Lounge during the construction of Infinity Falls. We know the lounge is a favorite Pass Member benefit and we apologize for this temporary closure. Rest assured it will open better than ever next year.

While we look ahead to 2018, I hope you will visit us many times in the coming weeks. This summer we’re bringing you more all-new and exciting opportunities than ever before. Your family will dive into a mystical underwater world with Kraken Unleashed: Virtual Reality Experience®, get closer than ever to our dolphin families at our interactive Dolphin Nursery, and dance the night away during the Electric Ocean fireworks spectacular.

Thank you for your support and understanding. Don’t forget to take advantage of the many exclusive benefits your Annual Pass provides, including priority access to each of these summer experiences. If your Pass includes Aquatica, be sure to visit the all-new Pass Member Lounge Pavilion opening at Aquatica next month.

The construction walls for this are up already. They stretch from the beginning of Sea Garden (close to Nautilus Theater) all the way over to Sea Harbor Soft Serve. So the Terrace is closed, along with the Pass Member Lounge, but the good places to take photos along there are also now gone.

Some pictures of the construction site - they have cleared the land and are moving piles of dirt around now. Most of this is where the Sea Gardens used to be. The building housing the Terrace is still there (although not open) and does not look like it has been touched. I would be willing to bet they incorporate it into the final design somehow.

IMAG0124 resized2.jpg

IMAG0125 resized.jpg

IMAG0126 resized.jpg

IMAG0127 resized.jpg

IMAG0128 resized.jpg

Hey FLOIR just checking in for an update and I went to see the progress over the construction wall and it looks like they are starting to dig a canal or river in the dirt lot, which is I guess gonna be where the rafts travel and wet the riders. I wonder if maybe the pass member lounge might actually also be the boarding station for Infinity Falls, where all the rafts would stop and riders would get on. This would be a really good idea and if they would do that, the new pass member lounge might actually be an enclosed room and not just an area of seating seperated by a wall. I have many rumors that the boarding station will be inside the terrace and the lift structure will be towards near the Soft Serve place.
85884593ff4ed62c5d599ff4d7585f38.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!