New search test feedback thread

Which is still slow and seemingly doesnt work.. Now of course I cant be sure of that, but I find it amazing there are zero posts in the photography forum having to do with 'storage' . Now maybe there arent, but sure seems suprising.

That's because the search doesn't work yet, even though they've been working on it for a LONG time. This thread and a few others testify to that.

Which is still slow and seemingly doesnt work.. Now of course I cant be sure of that, but I find it amazing there are zero posts in the photography forum having to do with 'storage' . Now maybe there arent, but sure seems suprising.

Switch to the California Gold skin (bottom left of your screen) and do the search. It's slow, but it'll find it. I just tried it and there's some links.

Which is still slow and seemingly doesnt work..
The point is that by not using the built-in vBulletin search feature, the message boards themselves are not ground to a halt by the act of indexing the postings for search... instead that work load is off-loaded to someone else's servers (BoardTracker's), so the DIS' servers can focus on providing us end-users the fastest reading and posting performance.

My latest test shows post up to Nov 23rd. Will this be how the seach functions or will they get to "real time" at some point??

(See below attached pic)
We will check it periodically in the near future to see if there are consistency issues. In the meantime, can you confirm that you used the correct (California Gold) template?

dis_dm.gif

Ok, the Search won't go father back than March 3, 2007. My Search listed 234 pages, but I'm stuck on page 40, and it won't budge. I keep clicking "Next" , and clicking in the next page number, and it looks like it's searching, but it keeps going bak to page 40.

I just searched, and a thread came up from 03' :confused3

I just searched, and a thread came up from 03' :confused3

What's the URL of the search results?

Note: we are upgrading the infrastructure of the new version of BoardTracker, a move which will greatly expedite the speed of searches. Hope to finish the upgrade in the next few hours..

What's the URL of the search results?

Note: we are upgrading the infrastructure of the new version of BoardTracker, a move which will greatly expedite the speed of searches. Hope to finish the upgrade in the next few hours..

upgrades are cool. look forward to it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter