new scooter user. Broken foot. Do I not qualify for a DAS?

When you approach the CMs at the entrance, ask if they can take you to the alternative entrance where they can stop the walkway. It's actually through a locked door on the side of the building. He parked his ECV by the door and walked in. When the ride was over, it was a short walk from the exit.

Not every CM will take you to that exit; my last few visits, I was told to just stay in the queue, and they would work with me when we got to the front of the line - and they did!

Just let them know you will need more time boarding, and if they direct you to go through the main queue, dont' worry! 🙂

Not every CM will take you to that exit; my last few visits, I was told to just stay in the queue, and they would work with me when we got to the front of the line - and they did!

Just let them know you will need more time boarding, and if they direct you to go through the main queue, dont' worry! 🙂
@bobbiwoz here's more info for you.

When you approach the CMs at the entrance, ask if they can take you to the alternative entrance where they can stop the walkway. It's actually through a locked door on the side of the building. He parked his ECV by the door and walked in. When the ride was over, it was a short walk from the exit.
.With our short list of rides, Buzz is one we might do 4 or 5 times in one trip. We have never been through the locked door entrance. We go through the line with the wheelchair and then push through the hallway to the other loading area.

Between scooter and wheelchair use, I'd say about 6 years of going on Buzz and never hearing this other entrance.

As far as the belt, we've had it slowed down and stopped .

Side funny, a few times I've been almost smack by the CM in the standard loading area. As car after car goes by empty and they are waving arms " take this car, take this car"....well one of those cars wasn't empty. LOL

.With our short list of rides, Buzz is one we might do 4 or 5 times in one trip. We have never been through the locked door entrance. We go through the line with the wheelchair and then push through the hallway to the other loading area.

Between scooter and wheelchair use, I'd say about 6 years of going on Buzz and never hearing this other entrance.

As far as the belt, we've had it slowed down and stopped .

Side funny, a few times I've been almost smack by the CM in the standard loading area. As car after car goes by empty and they are waving arms " take this car, take this car"....well one of those cars wasn't empty. LOL
The Buzz Lightyear line is wheelchair accessible (both regular and Lightning Lane). The lines are not ECV accessible. So, guests using a wheelchair would not need to use the locked door to get to the hallway that leads from the regular boarding area to the unload area.
My family uses the wheelchair accessible ride car - many of the CMs are so good at loading and unloading the wheelchair into the accessible vehicle that they only need to slow the moving walkway down.

The Buzz Lightyear line is wheelchair accessible (both regular and Lightning Lane). The lines are not ECV accessible. So, guests using a wheelchair would not need to use the locked door to get to the hallway that leads from the regular boarding area to the unload area.
My family uses the wheelchair accessible ride car - many of the CMs are so good at loading and unloading the wheelchair into the accessible vehicle that they only need to slow the moving walkway down.
Got it. Guess that's why I've never heard of it.

One or twice, CM asked DH if he wanted to stay in wheelchair and used that car. But mostly, slow or stop the belt and use a regular car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter