New rules for Cruise with Confidence

cutigerlady

DIS Veteran
In case you haven’t seen it, RCL rolled out new rules for the Cruise with Confidence policy yesterday. If you have a cruise booked, you can Lift & Shift out your cruise through April 2022 as long as do this by August 1st of this year! What that means is if you are booked on a 4 nt Caribbean cruise for September 2020, you can move it to 2021 plus or minus 4 weeks from your current dates. You must keep # of nights, stateroom type, and itinerary type the same, but the departure port or ship can change. So if you are on the Mariner, but next year the 4 nt Caribbean is out of Ft Lauderdale on the Oasis, you can switch to that cruise for the same price and no new deposit, as long as your room type is available! There are a few caveats for Holiday sailings. The rules can be found online, but if you weren't looking for it, you might have missed it.

They also announced rules for pricing matching up to 48 hrs before you cruise.

Sitting on hold this morning attempting to move my September and December trips!

Oh dang! That's fantastic news. We are booked for October 2020 and I have been dreading going, let alone hassling with calling and trying to change it. I'm pushing that baby out to 2021 for sure.

I got a heck of a deal, I went from Independence of the Seas to Symphony of the Seas and saved over $6k! It took two attempts because I got disconnected the first time. Every change requires the agent get a supervisor to make the change, but was definitely worth my time.

This is fantastic information. We're booked on an Alaska cruise for June 2021 We're hopeful that we'll be able to still cruise as planned, but who knows?
They're also offering shipboard credit for the difference if the price goes down.

In case you haven’t seen it, RCL rolled out new rules for the Cruise with Confidence policy yesterday. If you have a cruise booked, you can Lift & Shift out your cruise through April 2022 as long as do this by August 1st of this year! What that means is if you are booked on a 4 nt Caribbean cruise for September 2020, you can move it to 2021 plus or minus 4 weeks from your current dates. You must keep # of nights, stateroom type, and itinerary type the same, but the departure port or ship can change. So if you are on the Mariner, but next year the 4 nt Caribbean is out of Ft Lauderdale on the Oasis, you can switch to that cruise for the same price and no new deposit, as long as your room type is available! There are a few caveats for Holiday sailings. The rules can be found online, but if you weren't looking for it, you might have missed it.

They also announced rules for pricing matching up to 48 hrs before you cruise.

Sitting on hold this morning attempting to move my September and December trips!
Thank you for sharing this! Didn't see it posted anywhere and our TA (for our booked cruise) never mentioned it.

If you can't find a cruise within the L&S program, you can also apply your deposit towards any new itinerary, as long as you do so by August 1st. In this case, you will pay the prevailing rate for the new cruise. Just pack your patience because the phone lines are still crazy busy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter