New route (for me) from CT to FL

I'll fly for this Mickey Mouse outfit!
Leaving this Friday trailer in tow...95 to 287, across Tappan Zee to 78 to (and here is the new part for me) 83 down to catch on the the Baltimore outer loop and then my route I am used to down 95, loop around Washington and so on (I have also gone the western route to 77, but was trying to shorten a bit while avoiding NYC and NJ). Leaving home 3-4 PM, so by the time I get to Bal and Wash loops, no an issue...prob a bit of traffic around Tappan Zee Bridge, but hopefully not a lot. Spend night just north of Richmond, then on to Jacksonville North KOA Saturday night before hitting
I-4 Sunday morning and driving right....wait for it....wait fo it....

...PAST Disney and the Fort (DOH! ) on way to camp in my parents driveway in Venice, FL for the week. They used to have a class C which they have a pad and hookups for at the house...so basically bringing a bedroom for my boys and I as there is nowhere in the house for us to stay. Be a week of beach, pool, day at Adventure Island water park in Tampa, and other area activities while we visit grandma and grandpa. Weather looking ok for drive and stay! We’ll wave to whomever at Fort as we pass by on Sunday...

Last edited:
OOHH!!, So Close. That's OK though, spendin' time with Gramma and Grandpa is a good thing too! Tell them we all said HI :wave:

You could come over 78, grab 81 South to 64 East. It would put you a bit further south and miss all the DC traffic, put you in just at Richmond. We have used 64 before, and from 81 it is pretty much all down hill to the coast. Just a suggestion.
BTW the 81/83 junction is about 25 mins from the house, I will wave.

You just like teasing yourself.

Fly over. Drive past. Always the Bridesmaid.

j

45E63DFE-BC3F-41C2-A253-DF750B070BA8.jpeg Passing by live in traffic.....

Looking to make parents before the storms today.... hunker down this afternoon , but looks like great week after a few hours later and early evening down here at Fort and Florida if you are around...!!! :sunny::dogdance:

Jim glad to see you are getting close on your trip over the river and thru the woods to grandma's house. How did new route go and where did you end up night 1 of the trip

Jim glad to see you are getting close on your trip over the river and thru the woods to grandma's house. How did new route go and where did you end up night 1 of the trip

New route worked well...although adjusted slightly...up to 84 out of CT over to 87...down 87 to 287 then as planned...avoided Tappan Zee...Got to my parents half an hour before the rain, so trailer set up! Stayed at a Fairfield Inn and Suites in Ashland, VA, just north of Richmond night 1 (I am Rewards member with Marriott as we stay with work, so I have lots of points for free nights...). Figured easier to bring an overnight bag with kids on night one with the after midnight arrival there on Friday (had to wait until boys home from school to leave). Day 2 left there about 8:45 and stopped at the Jacksonville North/St Mary’s KOA for night 2....got there just a bit after 8 PM. Left there between 8-9 this morning and got to my parents about 2:45 PM in Venice.

Home safely yesterday (Sunday) evening. Left Venice FL Saturday morning at 6:30
AM...arrived Carolina Crossroads RV Resort at 9:30 PM. Up at 5:30 AM and left by 7 AM. Arrived home Seymour CT at 6:20 PM. Some traffic issues here and there. Boys had great time at Grandma and Grandpa’s. Along with visiting, beach, pool, we did Treeumph rope climbing park, Myakka River State Park airboat tour, and Adventure Island Water Park in Tampa.

FA09C096-368E-4758-BAEA-95E8C9586D3B.jpeg 994AB86D-C6DA-4424-9A99-82FE53D31C9F.jpeg 5C77418B-E4BE-4D74-9A7A-559D2A768EB1.jpeg 7EF6F5D0-2794-49D3-9B5B-19E3948D88D5.jpeg 96CB5B3E-83FA-48A1-ACD8-3A0F26A42DB1.jpeg 27CD8791-F49B-49DE-B150-B86B8E96CED5.jpeg

Looks like the Boys had an Adventure filled trip. Hope you found CCR a good overnight stop. As it is just about 6 hrs from us we have found it to be great and with the extra's we need

You could come over 78, grab 81 South to 64 East. It would put you a bit further south and miss all the DC traffic, put you in just at Richmond. We have used 64 before, and from 81 it is pretty much all down hill to the coast. Just a suggestion.
BTW the 81/83 junction is about 25 mins from the house, I will wave.
today was not a day to use 81 as major accident on the news closing some of it in southern Pa

today was not a day to use 81 as major accident on the news closing some of it in southern Pa

Sadly, that is a recurring theme. People have no patience when on the road, I have to get there....yesterday. Our last trip to TN had a guy pass me doing like 900mph, just to get off the next exit that he made it to about 15 seconds ahead of me. :sad2:

Sadly, that is a recurring theme. People have no patience when on the road, I have to get there....yesterday. Our last trip to TN had a guy pass me doing like 900mph, just to get off the next exit that he made it to about 15 seconds ahead of me. :sad2:
had that happen to me also and have the memory of a guy passing me on the shoulder of 81 in Va one night about 2 am because there was already someone one the fast lane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts