New road / Exit to the Fort

Kidatheart2010

Mouseketeer
Morning all,
16 days and a wake up till we are back the Fort. I was wondering if anyone has a pic of the new exit road at the Magic Kingdom gate? I bet it makes it a lot easier to make the turn. I hate to scrub the tires on the motor home when you go through the right hand gate. You have to be so careful when you go through.
Can't wait...................

Morning all,
16 days and a wake up till we are back the Fort. I was wondering if anyone has a pic of the new exit road at the Magic Kingdom gate? I bet it makes it a lot easier to make the turn. I hate to scrub the tires on the motor home when you go through the right hand gate. You have to be so careful when you go through.

Don't have pics but there's nothing unusual about it. Just veer to the right before toll plaza following signs and merge onto the road leading to FW. Basically the same turn, just staying in right lane and turning right 'before' toll booths instead of after, and not needing to battle other lanes getting over.

We found it a little congested there as construction was still ongoing in early Dec. Have a great trip!

Last edited:
Thanks... We were there for a quick weekend the first of November. The place was a mess at the MK toll plaza. Looking forward to taking the new road.

Someone was at the Fort when the new bypass to Vista Blvd opened up and posted a great pic. I can't find it right now, but here is one I posted from Google Street View that shows it under construction and where you cut off to the right before the MK booths. The white car is sitting on the new road. This should make this whole interchange much better for us. No more playing "Dodge the Disney bus for the right lane".

MK Bridge.jpg

j

Morning all,

Check post #17

https://www.disboards.com/threads/trip-report-12-26-till-1-2-18.3654281/#post-58621934

Thanks for the link. It looks like it will be a smooth transition to the lane. Just have to stay in the right lane coming in.
12 days and counting.....

I used the new ramp today to come into the Fort from World Drive.

Just past the start of the ramp is an iron cross-beam. I noted as I drove under that it only provides a clearance for objects 16 ft 5 in tall and lower.

SouthAlabama5er/Randy may have to take his new 5th wheel toy hauler into the Fort by an alternate route.

:rockband:

"Thank you, thank you very much. I'm here this week two shows a night through Saturday...."

giphy.gif

Bama Ed

If ya'll would like to go my trip report. My DW had posted pictures of the new signs and road ways. Becareful turning right to the Fort. Road is pretty unlevel still. Lets hope they redo that part of the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter