New Riviera Declaration

Looks like there was a new declaration: https://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/r...al-riviera-declarations-filed-in-october-2019
  • 3 Dedicated Studios
  • 2 Dedicated One-Bedroom Villas
  • 8 Dedicated Two-Bedroom Villas
  • 15 Lockoff Two-Bedroom Villas
  • 1 Grand Villa
What is odd unlike CCV they aren't actually releasing inventory throughout the year (only some more future days were added). I've been watching closely since it was filed (I noticed 10/8/19) and never has any days that were "sold-out" ever refilled, like CCV would happen (specifically I have a waitlist and have been stalking the RAT). I wonder if they are using those "points" for cash bookings and simply will cancel the spec bookings once/if the points are sold and not needed.

I have noticed the same thing that there really had not been a change Since there were more rooms added.

If not mistaken, these were specifically declared for DVC which means point rentals, not for cash. They have the whole rest of the resort for cash rentals and can only take a point room and move it to cash if a DVC member uses points for RCI/Cruise purposes. I was told that these may not show up in inventory through the website because they are potentially being used for new owners to book their welcome home trips. When we booked our welcome home trip, there was no availability on the website and member services initially said there was no availability. About 45 minutes on hold and they came back with our desired reservation.

So not sure if this makes a difference but our sales rep on Saturday said the plan is for Riviera to be 100% DVC only. Is that possible?

So not sure if this makes a difference but our sales rep on Saturday said the plan is for Riviera to be 100% DVC only. Is that possible?
It already is. All accommodations in Riviera are DVC Villas. The developer (Disney Vacation Development) is legally required to retain ownership of a minimum percentage of the resorts points.

It already is. All accommodations in Riviera are DVC Villas. The developer (Disney Vacation Development) is legally required to retain ownership of a minimum percentage of the resorts points.
I got ya, so they can have a small amount of cash stays but it is mostly going to be DVC members or renters

I got ya, so they can have a small amount of cash stays but it is mostly going to be DVC members or renters

The rooms will be bookable for DVC, However, in addition to the% of the resort owned by Disney, they also take DVC rooms to cover things like cruises, etc, thst are booked by members,

When a member trades out for those things, DVC is allowed to take the equivalent number of points out of the membership to pay for those trades,

Also, at 60 days or less from check in, Disney can offer any unbooked DVC rooms and offer them for cash. This is know. As breakage, and that money, up to 2.5% of the resort budget..or something to that effect,,goes back to the membership.

They can use history of booking patters, from my understanding to predict what that might be,

So, while yes, typically about 96 to 98% of resort is owned by members, there will always be cash guests staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!